Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Agent rotation using Extension Mobility

Hello,

We are currently using UCCX 8.5 for about 50 agents and a couple dozen queues.  For the most part the agents are static and work at an assigned workstation and are members of specific skills day in and day out.  Every so often an agent from one location needs to move to another branch and cover incoming calls.  When they move to the other branch they generally take over a workstation of another agent.  We've recently implemented extension mobility for the agent's phone profile.

The challenge we are having is that the incoming agent is usually not a member of the skill group he is covering for.  This requires an email to our helpdesk and an administrator go into UCCX and update their skill assignments.  Is there anyway to streamline this process and allow the agent to control which skill he is assigned to, maybe even limit that access to his team's skills?  I realize the potential for the agent to remove themselves from all queues but that is a management issue we can address.

Also the extension mobility is quite cumbersome since the user has to type his full UPN using the keypad on the phone...does anyone have any workarounds for allowing a user to login to a EM profile from the computer? (I've been using the curl app on a linux command line to access the CUCM emapp/EMAppServlet url to automate it to some degree but I would like to take it to the next step and allow the user to do it themselves.)

Thanks for your time.

Rob

2 REPLIES

You should be able to have

You should be able to have your contact center supervisors log in to the app admin web page and change the skills of agents.  While not as ideal as a user being able to do that, it would keep the request out of the help desk.

Hi.There is no programmatic

Hi.

There is no programmatic way of changing skills in pre 9.0(x) UCCX, unfortunately.

About the Extension Mobility: you can use AXL for that (take a look at the CUCM XML developer's guide).

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies