cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents disappearing from Supervisor Desktop IPCC 4.0(4)

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

We have 5 supervisors and approx 30 agents. when a supervisor is logged into the desktop they cannot see all agents and the agents that they do see are constantly disappearing and reappearing seconds later.

Has anyone had the same problem??

We are NOT closing the chat window

19 Replies 19

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same thing only using Enterprise with CAD 7.1. One agent in particular shows up for approx 30 seconds and then disappears for 30 seconds.

halblas
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen this before in a Citrix / Terminal Service environment. If so, suggest to test Supervisor Desktop on PC.

We have this same problem. We noticed an enormous amount of Application Log errors in the Event viewer of our IPCC Express server as follows: FCCS260 Caught Exception sending message to application , logout application.

When ever the agents in question dissappeared or re-appeared in the Supervisor Desktop, this error would show up in the log. Check your IPCC log files and see if you can confirm this as well.

I've opened a TAC on this recently, and the engineer suggested to un-install the CAD on those particular agents, then re-install it. She said a reboot of the IPCC Server would also clear it up. She also said it was caused because there are potentially two IP addresses assigned on that user's machine which is causing the discrepancy, but we were able to verify that only one IP address is assigned, so this is still an open TAC for us seeing as after our reboot, we are still seeing a few of these errors throughout the day.

Joe M.

I'm seeing the exact same thing in our Event viewer. Did you ever get a resolution from TAC?

Unfortunately we did not. For some reason these event log errors went from hundreds a day to less than 10 or so, and there's nothing that we've changed recently on our IPCC servers except turning off all debugging and tracing settings.

The last request we received from the Cisco TAC was to update several tracing settings both on the IPCC server and on an agent that this was consistently happening on. But, as I said, it went down to just a few a day, and it wasn't consistent; it was differnt agents every day, so we couldn't find one single agent that this consistently happened to.

Since it's just been happening occasionally now, and we haven't received any word from any Call Centre managers that they can't see their agents in their Supervisor desktops, we've just been living with the few event log errors that we've been receiving.

Sorry I can't help you more on this, I wish I could. If you get some resolution on this, please let us know, and I'll do the same if anything changes on our end.

stevef
Level 1
Level 1

I was seeing this same issue and the same errors in the event viewer on the CRS server. My issue was caused by the Windows XP ICF. Look at this link and see if this might be what is causing your issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801fa9b8.shtml

Did you guys have any luck in this? I am still struggling with it. So far I found out XP/SP1 has no problem but XP/Sp2 has trouble even the firewall turned off.

After upgrading from version 3 to 4, the filename for the agent executable changed, so our previous CSA rules were blocking these agents from communicating with the IPCC server. Once I created a new rule, it started working. Something must be blocking your agent workstations from hitting the TCP port 59020 on your IPCC server. This could be at the workstation, server or somewhere in between.

sperez
Level 1
Level 1

Are your agents logging in via a Citrix session? I had this issue with IPCC Express 3.5.3 but was able to make it work. If you are using Citrix give me an email at sperez@seastarline.com and I will give you the instructions that I did on the client to get things working.

Nope, all agents that this is happening to are in the building and not logging in via Citrix. We've tried the re-install of the CAD apps, and that didn't fix it. We've also tried turning off the Windows firewall on the agent's PCs and that didn't work either. Funny thing is we can go days with only a handfull of these types of errors on the IPCC logs, but other days we get bombarded by them. Like today for instance, since 7:30 this morning, there have been three extensions that are causing numerous amounts of application log errors and appearing and disappearing in the Supervisor desktops. The TAC that I have open with Cisco isn't helpfull at all. They claim it's a network accessibility issue for ports 59000 and 59030. Has anyone else had luck with this?

I have a new install of 4.0.4 with *60 agents and 5 supervisors. Some have never had this problem, others seem chronic. Very much as you have described with good and bad days.

No Citrix or CSA on supervisor or agent pc's. This is not an upgraded box, fresh install. Windows "firewall" is disabled on all machines.

Sorry to say that I am no help, just want to let you know you that you aren't the only one having this problem.

There could be other appliations that introduce firewall rules. I used to have such problem even after disabling OS firewall. I finally found Cisco VPN cient with stateful firewall. It works after VPN firewall is off.

Wei

I was running into the same issue. Once I disabled stateful firewall on the VPN Client I can now see Agent Stats.

You could use telnet or 'portqry' to verify if the said ports are open. For my supervisor desktop, I can see 59000 is listened on CAD server, I don't see 59030 at all. There is a port 59021 is on supervisor desktop.

Wei

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: