cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents with competence across multiple CSQs, prioritising calls in one CSQ

ian-heath
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement based on this example.

IVR with 3 options 1,2 & 3.  Each option hits a corresponding skills-based CSQ (CSQ1, CSQ2, CSQ3).  There are 9 agents each with a competence for each of the 3 skills.  Each agent will have varied competence levels for each skill, so each of the 9 agents are then biased towards getting calls from a specific CSQ (but can also get calls from the other CSQs).

The issue I have is for CSQ1 I want any call in this queue to be answered as a priority (when compared to calls queued in CSQ2/3).  By definition all the calls in CSQ1 are deemed equally important as each other (but all are collectively more important than any calls in CSQ2/3).

My question is, if a call is queued in CSQ1 and another call in CSQ2 (or CSQ3) and an agent becomes available who has a competency for all 3 skills is there any way to ensure that the call queued in CSQ1 is handled as a preference.  AFAIK calls in a given CSQ are handled in a FIFO style (which is fine for me), but how are 2+ queued calls across 2+ CSQs handled when a single agent becomes available.  For example would the competency level have any influence in this regard.

Hope that made sense!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My apologies I must not have been clear. Priority applies to all calls across all CSQs, so in your case prioritizing CSQ1 calls will make sure that agents are delivered CSQ1 calls before other calls from queue even though other calls may be in queue longer.

So, again this is what you want based on your description.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply use "Set Priority" step and increase the priority of the calls for desired CSQs after IVR selection has been made.

Chris

Thanks, I replied to your reply yesterday but it seems to have gone, so I'll post it again.

I just want to be 100% clear.  I have all my important calls in CSQ1 (since the IVR has an option 1 for important stuff).  I also have less important calls in CSQ2 & CSQ3.  The pool of 10+ agents are skilled across all 3 CSQs albeit at different competencies.

So if I have a call queuing in CSQ1 and another in CSQ2 (or CSQ3) then what criteria is used to decide which of these calls is passed to the newly available agent.

Does the priority I've set for the call in CSQ1 cause this call to be handled 1st (i.e. the Priority works across all CSQs and not just within a given CSQ).

Also (out of interest) if I didn't use priority then what logic would be used in this situation (for example would skills come into the mix in anyway, across CSQs).

Finally I'm correct in assuming the priority feature is available in Enhanced (8.5).

Thanks again. 

If you do not set priority on calls routed to CSQ1 all calls will be equal and will be treated as first in first out. Priority step allows you to prioritize some calls over others, which is exactly what you are asking for. So, after caller presses 1 in the IVR in your script you would increase the call priority before selecting CSQ. This step is available in Enhanced.

Again, call priority has nothing to do with skill competency, skill competency only decides which agents are selected if using Most Skilled Algorithm (or Least skilled). If agents are skilled across multiple skills that drive multiple CSQs they would be selected based on their skill, however calls to any CSQs are equal to each other.

Chris

Hi, Thanks for you response again.  What you've replied with doesn't quite match what I want though.

The key point is all important calls are already in CSQ1 (users have selected IVR option 1 due to them being in an emergency situation).  All calls in CSQ1 are equally important.  All calls in CSQ2/CSQ3 are less important than the calls in CSQ1.  My requirement is that if an agent becomes available and there's a call queuing in CSQ1 then that call is handled in preference to any calls that may be in CSQ2 or CSQ3.

Clearly if I had all 3 IVR options feeding a single CSQ then I could set priority on the IVR option 1 leg.

However I need 3 CSQs for 2 reasons

1)The need to report on all 3 IVR choices separately

2)There are 10+ agents who answer all calls from all 3 queues but each individual agent has a different competence for each queue since each agents is better placed to help with a given IVR option but needs to help with the others at a lower priority.

3)All calls to IVR option1 (CSQ1) must be answered before any other calls.

So I think the key question is "if there is a call queuing in CSQ1 & another in CSQ2 and an agent becomes available with a competence in both what can be done to ensure the call in CSQ1 is handled in deference to the one in CSQ2.

Does priority prioritise a call over other just in the same CSQ or multiple CSQs.

Thanks

My apologies I must not have been clear. Priority applies to all calls across all CSQs, so in your case prioritizing CSQ1 calls will make sure that agents are delivered CSQ1 calls before other calls from queue even though other calls may be in queue longer.

So, again this is what you want based on your description.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

ian-heath
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent, that what I wanted confirming "Priority applies to all calls across all CSQs". Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: