Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents with Personal DNs in UCCX

Looking for some general guidance and feedback:

While I prefer agents with a single DN, I frequently end up with clients that have 2 DNs (Agent/Personal) assigned to their legacy phones. Tearing them away from this frame of mind when they migrate to Cisco UC can be difficult. I'm looking for a best approach in maintaining both DNs while avoiding agent state and reporting issues.

7 Replies 7

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Brian,

One of my call centers uses this exact same setup.  They have both a personal DN and their UCCX DN.  Both are built on the phone, although in CUCM I have the "Always Use Prime Line" set to off as their personal DN's are the prime lines.  Other than that the UCCX reporting stays the same since it is only looking at agent (UCCX) extensions and CSQ's for the most part.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

I've had prior clients that have chosen to move the agent DN to the primary so that agent state follows the primary DN's behavior. I think with a few adjustments it's more desireable (e.g., internal calls FB to VM, timeout set to longer than UCCX resource select timeout so UCCX callers aren't routed to agent's VM).

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

If you must assign two DNs to one button, the best way to manage that is to create a Translation Pattern in CUCM to translate the personal extension to the Agent extension.

I personally prefer a separate personal line and agent line for many different reasons.  The biggest reason for me is call recording.  Many of the contact centers I implement use call recording, and this makes it possible to record all UCCX related calls and not record personal calls.

In this case we're talking two separate buttons.

gukukrej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

Being unsure of the CCX version, I'm sharing the link for release notes of CCX 8.5 version. I would highly recommend you going by the book here. Reading the release notes talks about scenarios which are supported and the ones which are not. Refer to sections like Supported/Unsupported Actions for agent phones and more, you'd find details which need to be kept in mind:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/FF1E1

Keeping a personal extension on the phone is not a problem mostly but there have been few issues in specific scenarios. For example, the Release notes will tell you this;

"End points not supported in hunt groups — Do not assign agent phones, CTI ports, or route points that are used by Unified CCX to hunt groups."

This means you cannot assign the personal or the ACD extension assigned to a hunt group on CM, it can cause issues with agent getting in reserved and more.

HTH

Gurpreet

Please rate useful posts.

Good advice here, thanks!   This is more of less exactly what I was looking for. I looked in the SRND and Admin guides but did not see the info I was looking for.

Hi Brian,

Glad i could help.

BR

Gurpreet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: