cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Answer wait time SG vs Call type

luai
Level 1
Level 1

IPCCE 7.1 CVP 3.1 .We had a big issue regarding call type reports and skill group reports, exactly regarding the ASA. why the answer wait time is huge in skill group comparing to call type, our scenario is little bit different as we have five call types feeding the same skill group based on the customers category, and every queue to skill group node has different priority, so we need to know why answer wait time is hugely different in skill group compared to the call type.

attached is one of the five scripts, all the rest of them are the same and. each one is maped to one call toype.

5 Replies 5

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

What fields/reports are you comparing exactly?

Sometimes there is confusion when both fields have the same but they don't always represent the same data. Best thing to do is check the database schema guide for an exact description. For 7.1(1) the db schema guide is available on the below link:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/29Cd50

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Kristof

nzdravko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you zoom in and take a better screenshot, then save it as GIF format? Node names and content are not visible.

I would recommend checking the reporting guide on ASA:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_reporting/reporting7_5/user/icm75rpg.pdf

Bare in mind that ASA for SG/Agent is calculated on PG level, while CallType ASA is calculated by router. Also, from reporting guide:

"Call Type ASA is applicable only when calls are translation routed and includes time spent in the Enterprise Queue as well as time spent in the ACD queue."

I'd also like to be able to see a bit more detail in the script.

Also, from reporting guide:

"Call Type ASA is applicable only when calls are translation routed and includes time spent in the Enterprise Queue as well as time spent in the ACD queue."

I  have no idea what Cisco are trying to say by that quote, but in my opinion, it's misleading. Why does "Enterprise Queue" come into it, and what is the "ACD queue"? Why is the translation route mentioned?

The OP has CVP, and there are no explict trans routes. The call type is the correct way to ascertain ASA.

Assuming the call type is positioned correctly, call type ASA is definitive.

Regards,

Geoff

dears

attached are clear scripts

I have checked all the doc, I couldnot find any thing that can clearly chistify why the ASA,Answer Wait time are different. I need to chistify this for the bussines department as I recommend them to use the ASA calculated from call type

attached are clear scripts

You have your Send to VRU in the wrong place, in my opinion.

With CVP, the first thing to have is an explicit "Send To VRU". For calls from the PSTN, failure in this should go to an End node, which forces survivability on the gateway to play the error message. For warm transfer calls, the best is probably Release.

No point in going further if Send to VRU fails.

Then I would set the ECC variables required for your microapps.

Once you have this, then go to your Call Type node - to set the "queuing" call type. I don't like to rely on the call type that the script is scheduled against, because you normally have to peel off calls for holidays, out of hours and so on. I like to make it obvious what's being counted by the queuing call type.

Finally, go into your Queue To Skill Group.

Be aware that RONA will mess up the call type stats a little - they will be counted as Other (which includes short calls, but they are counted separately so it's possible to see the RONAs). I would rather not set a call type on the RONAs as some do, as this will mean that they are in "Flow Out" and the stats are messed up even further.

For failures out of Q2SG, I like to send them to a script where I set an "error" call type to count and return the error label on the CVP RC.

Everyone has different ideas ...

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: