Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Answering Machine Detection on a "Transfer to Agent" Campaign

I need some clarification on where the call is sent once the dialer detects it as an answering machine on a "Transfer to Agent" campaign.

My campaign settings are below and also the skill group selection settings.

Everything is working fine, the dialer makes the calls and it makes the agent reservation call etc.  But if I understand correctly, if the dialer senses the call as an answering machine then it should "send it" to my dialed number 6036; right?

I've setup an analog line with an answering machine and the dialer knows is an answering machine (Dialing List call status result C = record closed, 12 = answering machine detected) but the call is not being sent to 6036.

thank you
CampaignPurpose.jpg

Skill Group Selection.jpg

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: Answering Machine Detection on a "Transfer to Agent" Campaig

When you test it with it set to drop answering machines, does that work? Just to be sure ....

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

Yes, this was my test:

I have the agent set to auto answer. 
I have the campaign to only do 1 attempt.
I have the "Enabled IP AMD" checked.
In all the results below I can see that the dialer sees it as an answering machine (Dialing List table CallResult 12 = answering machine detected).

These are the results under the different modes:

With abandon Call checked:
    I see the reservation call on the agent's phone go on for ~29 seconds
    and the call never connects to the agent's phone.
    The Dialing List table shows status result M = record closed & 12 = answering machine detected.

With Transfer to agent checked:
    and the call then connects to the agent's phone and I can see the telelphone number.
    The Dialing List table shows status result C = record closed & 12 = answering machine detected.

With Transfer to IVR Route Point checked (and Terminate Tone Detect checked):
    and the call never connects to the agent's phone.
    The Dialing List table shows status result C = record closed & 12 = answering machine detected.

The call never makes it into the ICM routing script with the 6036 dialed number scheduled to it.

thanks

Green

I reckon it will go to 6037. That's the IVR RP.

6036 is for abandoned (when the caller answers and can't find an agent).

Regards,

Geoff

Bronze

Yeh, from your screenshot, the calls should be going to 6037, not 6036. Do you have the DialedNumber setup correctly for 6037? Make sure the routing client for the 6037 DN is the rc of the dialer as the route request is coming from the Dialer. Then check the usual, DN mapped to CT, CT has script scheduled, make sure you can run a call through the Call Tracer from the dialer RC to 6037 and check that it hits the script. Any errors in Router Log Viewer?

Green

He asked the same questions in another thread and I ended up answering him there also.

He misunderstood how the system worked, but eventually he came around, and has it working now.

Your advice is accurate. See the other thread by VoiceOps SCC

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content