Views
Helpful
Replies

Answering machines being transferred to agents

Michael Marzol
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since having migrated to a SIP outbound dialer from SCCP, we're noticing a large percentage of voicemails/answering machines being transferred to agents and categorized as a call result 10 after CPA is done on the gateway. Has anyone using a SIP dialer found a 'happy medium' with regards to the CPA parameters settings under the 'Campaign Purpose' tab in campaign configuration? Below are our existing CPA settings for a particular campaign experiencing this issue.

CPA

Thanks,

-Mike

5 Replies 5

Can you quantify how many VM calls are going to agents out of total calls made?  The main reason I ask is that you want to start with a number and then move the analysis period up a fraction and then get a new number and compare results.  Personally, I've not had any problems with the default settings, but this was in Canada for a cellphone company, so it might be a bit different for your country and industry.

david

Hi David,

We quite honestly have not yet had the chance to really look at the numbers to get an accurate picture but we have an estimated percentage of calls getting through of 15% to 20%. We are in the healthcare industry and our contacts are primarily senior citizens, both english and spanish.

-Mike

Wow, that number is crazy high.  If you can validate it, then start doing what I said, but it just sounds completely crazy that it would be that high.

david

Michael,

I am battling with AMD now.  I enabled the CPA record option but the calls identified as voice are not recording.  Out of a list of 7 test numbers only 2 detect correctly.

Just wondering if you were able to fine tune it enough to satisfy your needs.

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

I've had some luck increasing Minimum Silence Period by 50-200 ms. This was with SCCP dialer though, haven't seen major differences with SIP dialer myself. The best way to deal with this is to turn on the CPA recording feature and manually listen to calls that were misidentified. Often you can hear certain patterns that help guide how you should adjust these parameters, or at least see what is going wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: