Views
Helpful
Replies

Anti Virus Scan for UCCE Servers

adithyaudupa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In the Security Best Practices Guide we can see some of the folders which needs to be excluded from the anti virus scan. Is it mandatory to exclude? Can we exclude the entire Folder like ICM or CVP instead? Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
Adithya

5 Replies 5

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Exclusion is not mandatory on the UCCE servers. In my present setup we have not made any exclusions on the UCCE setup. However, if you are using a call recording system, there are some folders for AV exclusion

Regards,

Dass

Hi Dass,

Thanks for your response. Even in the current system we have not excluded any folders. But once we had an issue with CCM PG where Cisco was pointing to AV scan. Now we are upgrading our setup. So just wanted a confirmation.

Thanks and Regards,

Adithya

Hi all,

I'm quite new to UCCE and just finding my feet with the product.  With regards to antivirus on the various components, looking at the previous posts; should I just have AV installed, not worry about exclusions but ensure that daily scans are ran during low call volumes?  What about realtime scanning would that cause detrimental effects?

Thanks in advance.

James

There are some recommendations on things like file type exclusions, etc. on the Cisco website, such as in the security best practices section. You'd also want to make sure you're using a product that is part of the BOM.

Here's an example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_0_1/reference/guide/icm80securty.pdf

Also please make sure that you will exclude the CAD folder from CAD server as well as from CAD client.

Regards,
Adithya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: