Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AntiVirus on UCCX

We're getting ready to install AntiVirus on our UCCX 7.01 servers.  I confirmed that our AV is supported (from the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express  Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide).

Are there any caveats, such as directories we should exclude from AV?  Since there's a local database on UCCX, I would imagine you want to exclude the database files.  At least that's what Microsoft recommends for normal SQL Server (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309422/)

Thanks,

Tom

• Contact Center
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: AntiVirus on UCCX

Hi

The guidelines for this are spread nice and widely....

Various documents suggest excluding the trace directories (e.g. c:\program files\wfavvid\log) as these are constantly written to. I would exclude the DB data/log folders as you suggest.

The troubleshooting guide suggests excluding  c:\program files\wfavvid\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop_audio and the c:\program files\microsoft SQL server\MSSQL$CRSSQL folder.

Additionally, the release notes suggest if you run McAfee you should exclude the entire c:\program files\wfavvid directory.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: AntiVirus on UCCX

Hi

The guidelines for this are spread nice and widely....

Various documents suggest excluding the trace directories (e.g. c:\program files\wfavvid\log) as these are constantly written to. I would exclude the DB data/log folders as you suggest.

The troubleshooting guide suggests excluding  c:\program files\wfavvid\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop_audio and the c:\program files\microsoft SQL server\MSSQL$CRSSQL folder.

Additionally, the release notes suggest if you run McAfee you should exclude the entire c:\program files\wfavvid directory.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.