cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to modify UCCX application parameters or documents via a web/html form or CLI?

drotheahit
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to provide call center managers a way to be able to modify select UCCX application parameters on their own. I know this can be done via a script where info is given via the phone which is saved to a document in UCCX which the main application/script can then read, but this is clunky at best, IMO.

Ideally I'd like to have some kind of web/html form (using data validation) that would do this. I don't want to give these managers admin rights, of course.

So, really just wondering if there is any way for a separate host to be able to save a UCCX document to the UCCX server or even change any application parameters. Is changing application parameters or documents possible via the CLI? If so, how?

Any advice greatly appreciated...

(running 10.6.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did some more research and it seems like having the separate script with XML file is going to be your best option. I'm sure there's a custom (expensive) solution out there. But if it were me, I'd just stick with the XML script.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

You could do it using a separate application / script for supervisors. The script can offer options that modify an XML file. That XML file can than be used in the main script, with any changes made by supervisors. 

Yeah, but that requires still setting up a script that the supervisor must call in to in order to input info from the phone (right?). That's what I'm trying to get away from.

I'd like to give them an html form that can somehow get the info into the UCCX application. I know UCCX is kind of an afterthought as far as Cisco is concerned - I'd just like to be able to provide a better interface for supervisors than having to input information via punching in buttons on a phone (clunky). It's not the 1990's anymore.

If there is a way to modify application parameters via the CLI, I could pull it off. If anyone definitely knows that this can't be done, please respond.

I did some more research and it seems like having the separate script with XML file is going to be your best option. I'm sure there's a custom (expensive) solution out there. But if it were me, I'd just stick with the XML script.

Sorry for long delay in marking your question as the solution. I believe you're technically correct, as far as being able to modify parameters. I know there are other ways I can do what I want, but going to take a fair amount of coding to accomplish it. Thanks!

What about using HTTP contact to execute a script that then asks for input via web? The responses would be put in to the xml file that is then used by the main call center script.
Just a thought.
JB

Yeah that might be an option as well. I was actually thinking of just having the UCCX script pull an external XML file (via Create URL Document(?!) or even jcifs which I've loaded). I've been trying to get a chance to experiment with these.

By doing that I can have a webpage driving the XML file independent of UCCX.