Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Manager is in partial service

jemima.spare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've noticed that the application manager is in Partial Service in UCCX Serviceability.  From my research up till now, I understand that this could be a script that is causing an error.

I've gone in to all my scripts in CCX Editor and validated them, all seems OK.

I've looked at the MIVR logs for the CCX Engine, but I can't see anything that shows up the script in error.

Are the logs for the CCX Engine the right ones?  Anyone got an idea of what to look for?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jemima,

Looking at the logs is the best way to resolve this. You need to find out why there are logs missing around the time of the restart.

In CCX Serviceability, try setting the application manager trace levels to debug. Go to Trace -> Configuration and tick the Debugging box for APP_MGR.

You could try to find exactly which application is causing the issue by assigning a default script (that definitely works) to each application one by one. After assigning the script to each application, check the services list to see if the application manager is back in full service. Give it a minute or so to come back up after each change.

Brian

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When one of the subsystems is in partial service, I normally do the following to help pinpoint the error ...

Restart the uccx engine

Wait for all services to come back up (and for your application manager to go to partial service).

Download the UCCX Engine (MIVR) logs for the time around the restart

Search for the word 'partial' in the logs ... different services may be in partial service during an engine restart, but you should be able to pick out the log entries that refer to the application manager.

Hi

Yeah, finding out the reason is quite difficult, and Brian's method is one I use... though I wish there was a way that didn't involve bouncing the whole service!

I generally find Application Manager goes partial if there is a problem with the config of any app - bad scripts, sometimes odd trigger-related issues, and the last one I had was a script referring to a subflow that didn't exist (this passes editor validation, but when the engine loads the script it also seems to load the subflows referenced by it).

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I've bounced the service, but when I look at the logs, they stop about the time that the service is bounced, and don't seem to start again till hours after the serivce has been bounced, not a lot of use.

I'm not sure why they seem to be lost in the middle.

Thanks

Jemima

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Do you have any route points (or triggers) in disabled state?

Thanks,

Anand

No, I've looked at all the triggers and they seem to be all enabled.

However, before the service bounces I get this in the logs:

Feb 15 21:54:12.486 GMT %MIVR-SS_RTR-5-SS_SHUTTING_DOWN:RTR subsystem is SHUTTING_DOWN

323132: Feb 15 21:54:12.551 GMT %MIVR-SS_TEL-2-SS_PARTIAL_SERVICE:JTAPI subsystem in partial service: Failure reason=Some group in the trigger is not yet available - RP[num=49185]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49184]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=13734]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=13730]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49220]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49222]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49161]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49227]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49228]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49188]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49111]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49223]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49190]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49187]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49191]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49192]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49193]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49195]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49196]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49197]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49198]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49199]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49217]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49216]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49218]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49219]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel], RP[num=49229]-Group[id=0,class=com.cisco.dialog.DialogChannel]

323133:

These are the triggers, but I don't know if this is just because it is shutting down at this point.

Hi Jemima

Do you have a HA (2-server) system? If the logs aren't updating, then it might be running on the other node...

You should at least see some service startup messages... also note that the log files don't always number sequentially in date order, the newest log may not be the highest numbered log.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jemima,

Could you please perform JTAPI Data resync (during maintaninace hours) and see if there are any inconsistency between UCCX and CUCM , once its consistent than you should be able to see tha Application Manager in service.

Thanks,

Anand

I did the resync, that completed successfully but still the Application Manager is in partial service.

I have noticed that there are three folders (New Folder, New Folder 2 and New Folder 3) in the Scripts folder.  They are all modified by Null and if I try to delete them or rename them it fails.

If I open CCX editor, the folders aren't in the Script Repository.

I have a HA solution - I've checked on the other server, the folders are still there and can't be rename or deleted.

Maybe they are the problem?  Any ideas how to get rid?

Hi Jemima,

Looking at the logs is the best way to resolve this. You need to find out why there are logs missing around the time of the restart.

In CCX Serviceability, try setting the application manager trace levels to debug. Go to Trace -> Configuration and tick the Debugging box for APP_MGR.

You could try to find exactly which application is causing the issue by assigning a default script (that definitely works) to each application one by one. After assigning the script to each application, check the services list to see if the application manager is back in full service. Give it a minute or so to come back up after each change.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: