Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Assigning Skills in UCCX

Hi,

I have a few skill-based routing question in UCCX7.0(1).

Scenario 1)

Assume, I have a queue called CSQ_Transfer that is skilled with Sales, Support, Finance. Now, in my script, based on the input from the caller ('Press 1 for Sales, 2 for Support and 3 for Finance), I have to dial out the call either to a Sales TFN or Support TFN or Finance TFN. I used the Call Redirect step to route the call accordingly. But  my question is, how do I assign the specific skill to the call? or do I have to have a queue each for Sales (CSQ_Transfer_Sales) and so on to achieve this.

Thanks,

DM

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: Assigning Skills in UCCX

Ah - so not assigning a skill really in UCCX terms.

If you just want to tag it use a 'Set Enterprise Info' step to assign a word such as 'Sales' to one of the variables.

You can then run a custom variables report from HRC, which you would then want to export to Excel and report from there as it's a very rudimentary report.

Alternatively you can create a custom Crystal report to get the data out.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Community Member

The standard reports is based on the CSQ. If the call is delivered to the CSQ, then you'll be able to see it in the reports. Since you're not using CSQ then i doubt any of the standard reports (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/user/guide/uccx801HRug.pdf) will be useful to you.

What do you want to see in the report? If its just number of calls that selected Sales, Support, etc then you can use Aaron's recommendation to write to the custom variable field and do a simple count query on the db.

Thanks!

-JT-

9 REPLIES

You must queue the call to the CSQ.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM, dmurthy74

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com
Community Member

Thanks for responding. I have used the Menu option and added each of the options as Conencitons(Sales, Support and Finance) in the Menu Step. Within each option, I have used the Call Redirect to that specific TFN. Will this ensure that the appropriate Skill will get assigned to the call?

Super Bronze

Hi

You seem confused... also I'm confused - what's a TFN?

Basically your script runs inside an 'application', so at the point you have your menu you are pre-queueing. You send the call to a queue using a 'select resource' step, with that customized to specify a CSQ name (exactly, in case sensitive fashion). You don't do a 'redirect' unless you are sending a call outside of UCCX's control (i.e. not to an agent or queue etc).

You define the CSQs in AppAdmin, and you associated skills with the CSQ.

You then associate agents with the same skill to associate them with the CSQ.

So in your script, you will need to assign a value to the 'Select Resource' step parameter based on the earlier menu selection.

Might be worth you taking a look at the examples in the manual and elsewhere...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I believe he is referring to Toll Free Number.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM, aaronharrison

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com
Super Bronze

Ah - in the UK we call them freephone numbers, unless we are extremely posh.

Community Member

Yes, a TFN is Toll-Free-Number (1-800 numbers) .

COming to my question, No I do not wish to transfer the call to the agents, Here is the example call -tree that the customer wants accomplished.

1) Caller dials into the contact center.

2) Welcome prompt is played that gives him a few options like,'Press 1 if you want your call to be transferred to the Sales deptartment, 2 to be transferred to the Support department and 3 for finance department". Now, each of these departments are handled by some 3rd part company that have specific TFNs (1-800 numbers) to reach them.

3) All that my script has to do is just dial out the call to these TFNs , out of the UCCX. But before I dial out using the Call redirect Step, I will have to assign a skill for reporting purposes. So that we know that a certain caller requested to be transferred to ,say the Finance department.

This was why I used the Menu Step. I could not find details on how this menu Step works internally. Whether each of the connections that I add wihtin the Menu option will sync(map) with the Skill that I have added within the CRS admin page.

My apologies if I have confused you!

Super Bronze

Ah - so not assigning a skill really in UCCX terms.

If you just want to tag it use a 'Set Enterprise Info' step to assign a word such as 'Sales' to one of the variables.

You can then run a custom variables report from HRC, which you would then want to export to Excel and report from there as it's a very rudimentary report.

Alternatively you can create a custom Crystal report to get the data out.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Community Member

Ok, So,the reports not be populated with the Skill info(Sales,SUpport etc) if I just use the Menu option? I have use the Set Enterprise Info & define custom variables to achieve this?

Thx,

DM

Community Member

The standard reports is based on the CSQ. If the call is delivered to the CSQ, then you'll be able to see it in the reports. Since you're not using CSQ then i doubt any of the standard reports (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/user/guide/uccx801HRug.pdf) will be useful to you.

What do you want to see in the report? If its just number of calls that selected Sales, Support, etc then you can use Aaron's recommendation to write to the custom variable field and do a simple count query on the db.

Thanks!

-JT-

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content