Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA FAX solution

me_rocks_4ever
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I configured the ata device in callmanager 8.5 version and given ext:6659, it is working fine
their is incoming and outgoing calls, but when i want to use it for fax machine it is not working
I even edited the settings
audiomode =0x00050005
connectmode = 0x00000400
LBRcodec=3

whenever I call a fax number its not ringing and giving a busy tone and getting disconnected
Can anyone guide?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm guessing you changed those settings after reading the Configuring and Troubleshooting the Cisco ATA 186 with Fax TechNote.

The first questionable piece is why you are getting a busy signal. The fax switchover happens after the call connects so you should be able to dial any number. If you can't, you need to troubleshoot that as a normal call routing issue.

Once you're able to call the number but the fax machines either fail to train or train but fail to transmit pages then you need to verify that the PSTN gateway your ATA is interacting with has a compatible fax passthrough configuration applied. From the TechNote above, this would involve at least two commands:

voice service voip
  modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
  fax rate disable

Thank you for your comment

I am able to call the extensions and on mobile and also can receive but when I want to send or recieve fax 

its not working, one more thing is I didn't did any configuration on gateway as on gateway we are using
Rightfax also if we configure this then do we have any conflit?

can any one guide me???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: