Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Automated Build and Deploy

Asking for other CVP developers input on experience automated build and deploy processes.  I'm working on automating our build and deploy processes.  Recently we've added two new team members that aren't as familiar with client server technologies.  Our enterprise is also pushing towards all production deploys going through some automation. 

Most of our applications utilize some custom elements such as an ani match element.  Locally I can use an ANT script to check out the code from the repository, build using the SAB tool and then zip the application for deploy. 

Our enterprise is attempting to move all automation to the build and release tool Hudson.  Hudson allows you to execute windows batch scripts such as the buildApp.bat contained in the SAB libraries.  When using this via the Hudson tool, I run into errors regarding our custom elements that I do not get on my local machine.  I assume this is because of certain items on the classpath / not on the classpath.  Here are the errors I'm getting inside of hudson. 

[dAniMatchElement] Invalid Element: Please delete this element from the callflow or add it to the classpath and close/reopen the callflow editor.

[IdentificationLevel] Invalid Element: Please delete this element from the callflow or add it to the classpath and close/reopen the callflow editor.

[redeem_PA] Invalid Element: Please delete this element from the callflow or add it to the classpath and close/reopen the callflow editor.

[EP_Generator] Invalid Element: Please delete this element from the callflow or add it to the classpath and close/reopen the callflow editor.

I added all of our custom elements to the java folder in our project and received additional NoClassDefFoundErrors so that did not fix the issue as I thought it may have.

Has anyone added maven dependency management behaviors to a standard CallStudio Project in order to manage external dependencies?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

I was able to solve most of

I was able to solve most of these problems.

For the build component, I was able to copy and extract the SAB files to our build server and write a windows a batch script to build each application.

Inside the SAB file system is a plugins folder just like your local version of eclipse. You need to put all the libraries you have there inside your SAB directories.

Once I had that corrected, I could build. My windows batch script builds the files necessary and then I wrote an ant script to follow behind that and create a zip of the four folders (admin, data, java, and logs).

I stopped there, but I could have our enterprise scheduling tool move those files and unzip them, into the proper directory and then run the deploy or update app script. It would also be easy enough to have a script written to restart the vxml server service. We have not moved their yet, but it may be on our list in the future.

Hi,

Hi,

Have you tried maven for your call studio projects?

Currently, I use ant builds and some external tools for building and deploying. But, I wanna use maven for Jenkins. If you have any experience about it, please give me some brief information.

Thanks.

I have not tried it yet. I

I have not tried it yet. I would think someone would need to develop a maven plugin for the cisco environment. I can tell that Cisco is using Maven to build all fo their libraries but it doesn't look like that fits into their IDE

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content