Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth management on 3650 configuration example

in the 3650 datasheet, he says

The 3650 switch has advanced wired plus wireless QoS capabilities. It uses the Cisco modular QoS command line interface (MQC). Theswitch manages wireless bandwidth using unprecedented hierarchical bandwidth management starting at the per-access-point level and drilling further down to per-radio, per-service set identification (SSID), and per-user levels. This helps manage and prioritize available bandwidth between various radios and various SSIDs (enterprise, guest, and so on) within each radio on a percentage basis. The switch is also capable of automatically allocating equal bandwidth among the connected users within a given SSID. This makes sure that all users within a given SSID get a fair share of the available bandwidth while being connected to the network. The UADP ASIC enables the hierarchical bandwidth management and fair sharing of bandwidth, thereby providing hardware-based QoS for optimized performance at line-rate traffic.

In addition to these capabilities, the switch is able to do class of service (CoS) or differentiated services code point (DSCP) based queuing, policing, shaping, and marking of wired plus wireless traffic. This enables users to create common policies that can be used across wired plus wireless traffic. The 3650 also supports downloadable policy names from the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) when a user successfully authenticates to the network using the ISE.

We are having repeated issue of a single user taking up all the WAN bandwidth.  We are trying to figure out a way to limit the user from taking up all the bandwidth    My leadership see the datasheet and attended the webinar and they mention bandwidth management and think that the 3650 is the solution.   From wireless, maybe, but from wired, ???

How could accomplish this goal from a wired side?     or should I take a different approach? 

I can discuss further if needed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content