cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge-In/Intercept

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone have a document on how to set this up and how you physically use these features? I know they are located within the CSD and you have to be on the specific call, but our options are currenlty greyed out. Also, if I press the barge option does it ring my IP phone? How does the barge feature work? ideas?

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I don't do Express, but CAD is CAD. When an agent is on an inbound call with a customer, the Supervisor selects that call from the CSD dispaly and now the Barge In button is active.

Press that and a conference is set up - if you are the Super, your phone will ring. If you answer it - three way conference.

You can now press the Intercept button which will take the agent out of the picture and the Super will be dealing with the customer. The agent moves on to the next call.

I'd be very surprised if this is not explained in the CAD document that came with Express. If it's not, the CAD document in the Enterprise area on the Cisco web will help.

Regards,

Geoff

jarogers2
Level 1
Level 1

I would guess you are on Standard licensing which does not support Supervisor Barge/Intercept of the call. That is available at the Enhanced and Premium licensing which is why I would guess your options are greyed out.