Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Barge-In On Prompt Issue?

Has anyone ever seen/fixed an issue where I set barge in to Yes on a prompt of a menu, the input is press 1 for "yes" press 2 for "no", but if I am talking during the prompt or there is any noise, its seems as though the barge in feature kicks in, and the script asks me if I am still there?  Why would talking/background noise cause the barge in feature to trip?  I thought it was only DTMF tones.  The barge in is required by the group requesting the script, so I need to see if anyone can assist.   Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

That is very strange, are you

That is very strange, are you using Nuance? Can you post the element where this happens?

david

Yes, I am using Nuance.

Yes, I am using Nuance.  There is a mixture of menus asking for DTMF key presses, as well as a part of the code that allows the caller to speak (ASR), it seems as though ASR being in the script causes any background noise during a menu/prompt playback to get interrupted, hence breaking the script.

This will happen at any location in the script as long as ASR is involved.  Under the application trigger, the override media termination is set to "yes", and MRCP ASR GROUP #1 is above default (allows the ASR portion of this script to work).

So for example:  The script starts with a welcome message (no barge-in), then the next menu states Press 1 for x Press 2 for y, with barge in set...if I am talking while the prompt is playing asking me the press a button, barge in kicks in even though I haven't pressed any keys. I don't want this portion of the menu to use ASR, so having them say the number will not work.  The ASR comes into play later in the script.

Thanks all!

Silver

Is this UCCX? If you're not

Is this UCCX? If you're not using Nuance, set the override media termination to 'no' on the triggers settings.

Brian

Views
Helpful
Replies