Views
Helpful
Replies

beep to prevent the agent before automatic answer with IPCC call

sfd-support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a call center with agents who only use a Plantronics wireless headsets connected to Cisco phone 7941. They have a Descktop Cisco Agent in their PC.

When they receive a call by the IPCC system, they want to have an automatic answer after 5 secondes with a "beep" (or other sound) in their headsets.

In the Work Flow Setup of the Cisco Desktop Administrator, i created this two actions in the event "Ringing" :

- A wait time macro ( [DELAY] 5000 ).

- After this macro, a call control Action with a call control "Answer".

But i didn't find how to do a beep in the headsets of the agent to prevent him that a call will be answer automaticly.

Do you think it's possible do make this beep (or a other sound)?

Thanks.

Paulo

1 Reply 1

walteryork
Level 1
Level 1

You can definitely have a beep on the computer the agent is sitting at... I have a support center that supports multiple clients. The agents have to provide a different greeting to answer calls. The way I resolved this was to...

1. Setup IP Communicator on the agent systems.

2. Setup Plantronics CS50-USB headsets to work with IP Communicator. (This also makes the agent mobile and eliminates the need for a regular phone.

3. On one of your network shares, place some wav files (either an audible message to the agent for what client is calling or a beep).

4. In the Administrator Console, create a workflow rule that trigers on ringing to play the audio file you stored on the network share.

When an agent receives a call, and it rings or answers... and will play the audio file...

Hope this helps... Even if you do not have USB headsets... just configuring the administrator to play the wav file at ringin will play the audio file on the agents PC speakers...