Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Branch issue - CVP Comprehensive

Hello Group,

I'm newbie in the UCCE & i am facing an issue with our UCCE implementation

ours is a 8.5.1 UCCE solutions, CVP Comprehensive with SIP Proxy setup, all the devices including the combined gateway (VXML+Ingress - IOS 15.1.T3) are located in the HQ,  Call flow is somthing like this

PSTN > IngressGW > CUPS > CVP > ICM

We have enabled send to originator on CVP, also given a static route for the VRU labels in the CUPS pointed to the HQ-VXML gateway to treat the CUCM originated calls

I'm now in the process of a adding a new branch with a brach combined gateway, the issue what i am facing is whatever calls i'm making to the branch DN its always playing via HQ router, i can see initial call and dial-peer requests in the branch gw, but all the VXML browsing is done on the HQ gateway.

Please help me to solve the issue, i m not attaching any screenshot or logs as i dont know which one would be relevent - please advice, so that i can upload those as well

thanks / raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your patterns for send to orignator will never be matched like this.

You'll want to change them to include a wildcard, the setup should work like you'd want if you change 811 into 811>

The same goes for the 9191 and 9292 patterns, right now all your outgoing requests will follow the >,sip.group.root.ad route.

Cheers,

Kris

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

ICM Routing script decides which VXML gateway the call should be forwarded to, so pls check your routing script if it points the remote branch call to HQ VXML router. The call flow is mentioned on page 31 onwards of http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/8_5x/cvp85srnd.pdf

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP

Hi Raj,

Send To Originator is indeed a straight-forward choice to contain VRU treatment of a call within any site. To understand why your calls that are entering at the new branch site are actually receiving VRU treatment at an HQ gateway you'd want to investigate your VRU patterns, so you may want to post somescreenshots here of :

* the UCCE Network VRU Explorer, pick yout CVP VRU and clearly show the CVP VRU label;

* From (each of) your CVP Call Server(s) post some screenshots) of the SIP tab showing both Static Routes and Send To Originator patterns.

Cheers,

Kris

Send to originator I am pretty sure is only a trick that worked with H.323.  There are a couple answers to this with SIP.

The VRU label is defined on th customer instance, of your dialed number.  If you browse to the instance a VRU is set.  If you look their that label is always called.  With CVP in SIP you need some excellent way to do intelligent routing back to the branches for local VXML rending.  I have other threads out there in 2008 timeframe on this as well.

The best and only acceptable choice in my opinion is the SIP Significant digits features.  This allows you to prepend a digit at the ingress, have it stripped by CVP and held... after ICM treatment when a lab is called, you can use this significant digit in order to do unique reouting to the gateway of your choice in the SIP Proxy.

Option 2 is to make different customers for each branch office in ICM, so you can assign the a seperate network VRU, with different labels, which will give you some significance to route on.  <---don't do this unless your really lazy or don't know what your doing

Chad

SendToriginator definitely exists for SIP too

As I said, I think it's the nmost straight-forward way to work if you have just a couple of sites. Indeed SigDigits are the way to go if you want more control, have separate ingress/vxml gatteways, also want to keep your CUCM agent calls in the right locations etc etc. But it is somewhat more complex to set up and basically requires you to completely change your current call routing too.

Cheers,

Kris

Thanks Kris, Gajanan & Chad for your swift response

I have attached the requested screenshots and logs , hope it will put more light on issue

please advise further

thanks / Raj

Your patterns for send to orignator will never be matched like this.

You'll want to change them to include a wildcard, the setup should work like you'd want if you change 811 into 811>

The same goes for the 9191 and 9292 patterns, right now all your outgoing requests will follow the >,sip.group.root.ad route.

Cheers,

Kris

Thank you Kris - you really pointed me to the right direction, i changed the pattern and its started working.

by the way, since we have CUPS in place, do we still need those dial number patterns on CVP ( CVP Dialed Number Pattern.PNG file in the attachment) ?

Thanks for your supports

raj

Views
Helpful
Replies