Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

Bucket Intervals issue

Hello,

I have used Bucket Intervals in a UCCE 8.0 in order to retrieve the Service Level for several Thresholds.

After checking the values I'm getting, the results are accurate in the Answer Intervals and inaccurate in the Abandon Intervals.

I did few test calls to check what is happening. I have configured 2 thresholds which leads to 3 intervals. The test calls should fall in the 3 different intervals.

Results:

For the Answered_Intervals, the results are correct : correctly divided into the 3 Answer Intervals

For the Abandoned_Intervals, the results are incorrect : all the results fall into the 3rd Aband_Interval (which is the last configured interval). Interval1 and Interval2 were filled with zeros.

Any idea why I'm getting this behaviour?

Thanks,

Justine.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Bucket Intervals issue

Hello,

First i would like to thank you kris for the helpful information , it's +5 from me for the great information.

Justine , i think your only option for two service levels is to use the skill group , you can configure a threshold under the skill group , and i am sure you already inserted the call type exactly before the queue to skill group node , in this case you can configure two different thresholds and you can get two service levels .

Theonly disadvantage here is that you have to get the results from two different reports.

Amer

Bucket Intervals issue

Justine, indeed using buckets woulnd't work very well for defining two Service Levels.

If you really need to fullfill the customer's requirements you could as Amer suggested define one Service Level for the Call Type is on and use a second Service Level on the Skill Group you're sending the call two, This would work fairly well but only so IF you have a direct one-to-one mapping of Call Types and Skill Groups. If you intend to do any overflow, RONA etc.. you may find that the results won't match 100% anymore.

So give that a try and see how it goes, worst case you'll need to manually calculate your Service Levels from the Termination_Call_Detail records, i.e. :

* Query all TCDs that have CallTypeID X

* Pick out the RouterQTime, AnswerTime, NetworkDelayTime fields etc.. and make your own calculations per call and round it all up per Half Hour, it is possible but may take you a while to work out the right formulas and this is much more database intensive as the TCD table only has a few Indexes by default.

Cheers,

Kris

5 REPLIES

Bucket Intervals issue

Hello,

I am not sure about this but i heard one time that the abandoned in the reporting are calculated based on the time the call entered the system not when it hit the last call type.

Amer

Bucket Intervals issue

Amer, what you heard is correct

The intended use and operation of the Answer and Abandon buckets is different.

• The Router starts counting at the point where the call first enters the system to determine in which Abandon bucket the call should end up;
  • On the other hand, the Router starts counting the last time the Call Type changed to determine in which Answer bucket the call should end up.

In a welll-designed system you should always change the Call Type just before you start queueing to your agents. If you do so, you can identify in which bucket the calls typically get answered from the point where they were actually eligble to be answered. It helps you track how quickly your agents are answering calls. For the abandons you would generally care more how much time the caller spent on your system in total to determine if your IVR menu structure needs work.

Cheers,

Kris

Bucket Intervals issue

Hello Kris,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already configured the default Threshold of 35 seconds on the Call Type and I am able to see the Service Level in Webview.

On another post on this forum (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3546549), I was advised to use the Bucket Intervals. Basically I am not able to retrieve the Service Level for a second threshold.

1) Can you confirm if it is possible to retrieve the Service Level for 2 different thresholds?

2) Is it possible to calculate the abandon time since the caller has reached the queue for example by substracting the time spent in IVR from the time spent on the system in total?

Many thanks,

Justine.

Bucket Intervals issue

Hello,

First i would like to thank you kris for the helpful information , it's +5 from me for the great information.

Justine , i think your only option for two service levels is to use the skill group , you can configure a threshold under the skill group , and i am sure you already inserted the call type exactly before the queue to skill group node , in this case you can configure two different thresholds and you can get two service levels .

Theonly disadvantage here is that you have to get the results from two different reports.

Amer

Bucket Intervals issue

Justine, indeed using buckets woulnd't work very well for defining two Service Levels.

If you really need to fullfill the customer's requirements you could as Amer suggested define one Service Level for the Call Type is on and use a second Service Level on the Skill Group you're sending the call two, This would work fairly well but only so IF you have a direct one-to-one mapping of Call Types and Skill Groups. If you intend to do any overflow, RONA etc.. you may find that the results won't match 100% anymore.

So give that a try and see how it goes, worst case you'll need to manually calculate your Service Levels from the Termination_Call_Detail records, i.e. :

* Query all TCDs that have CallTypeID X

* Pick out the RouterQTime, AnswerTime, NetworkDelayTime fields etc.. and make your own calculations per call and round it all up per Half Hour, it is possible but may take you a while to work out the right formulas and this is much more database intensive as the TCD table only has a few Indexes by default.

Cheers,

Kris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content