Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

BUG: 39-character limit on Enterprise Data (CRS 4.0.x)

I hope this saves someone hours of testing and frustration.

Had an issue at a customer install where one script was sending enterprise data correctly, but the other script wasn't sending anything.

Turns out, if any of your enterprise data variables are greater than 39 characters it will wipe out ALL of the enterprise data that should be sent to the Agent Desktop application.

The customer is running 4.0.3, I was able to recreate the issue in the lab on 4.0.2.

I have a TAC case open right now to find out if this is a known bug and when it will be fixed. If the engineer ever gets back with me I'll post more info here.

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: BUG: 39-character limit on Enterprise Data (CRS 4.0.x)

The TAC Engineer was unable (unwilling?) to tell me whether the issue is a known bug or not.

He said he would add a document bug to warn administrator's what will happen if a custom variable is greater than 39 characters.

This is pretty shoddy programming. If a variable is greater than 39 characters then the system should truncate that string, not wipe out all of the data.

DB

Silver

Bug - CSCma12986

Community Member

I don't think that's the bug...but then again, there's not much information on the bug report you posted and too many acronyms I don't recognize.

It also says the bug was first found in 4.6.1 and 5.0...IPCC only goes as high as 4.0.4 for Windows Call Managers and 4.5.2 for the Linux Call Manager.

Good effort though...it's interesting to see that there are other 40 character issues out there.

DB

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content