Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CAD 6.2 trigger the VoIP Monitor Service event in UCCX 4.5(2) server

I have found the after the agent logon to UCCX server from CAD, the below error event kept logged in UCCX server evnt veiwer.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Cisco Desktop VoIP Monitor Service
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    4
Date:        5/4/2010
Time:        4:35:47 PM
User:        N/A
Computer:   UCCXSRV
Description:
FCVMS207 Error: in retrieving mac address for agent (3798): (36, n)

So, i would like to know if there were any way could fix this problem.

Thanks for any suggestion.

B.rgds,

Tong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: CAD 6.2 trigger the VoIP Monitor Service event in UCCX 4.5(2

Hi

Yes, that's correct.

The agent PC must be connected to the back of the agent's own phone.

The parameters I've referred to earlier should be enabled to ensure that the RTP traffic can be 'seen' by the agent PC.

Some PCs have problems sniffing the traffic, but these are the basic steps to get it working.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
6 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

Do you have your PCs connected to the IP Phone PC port?

Have you enabled the Span to PC Port and/or PC Voice VLAN access parameters on the phones?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I have not connect my PC to the PC port of the phone.

"Span to PC Port" is disabled on the IP phone while the "PC Voice VLAN Access" is enabled on the IP phone.

So, do you mean that i need to connect my PC to the PC port of the phone and enable "Span to PC Port" and "PC Voice VLAN Access" of the phone also to clear those error event on UCCX server after the agent logon to it.

Thanks and look for your clarification.

B.rgds,

Tong

Super Bronze

Hi

Well - I'm kind of skipping ahead a little there..

There are two types of recording available:

1) SPAN all the agent phones' voice traffic to the UCCX server so it can be packet captured

2) Desktop Monitoring (where the CAD software does the packet capture and sends it back to the server over normal ucast IP)

Which are you using?

Out of the box with no additional SPAN/RSPAN config you default to option 2, which is by far the most popular option.

If you don't have agent PCs connected through the phones it will never work.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

I think i am using option 2.

So, i need to connect my pc to phone for UCCX server could monitor the UCCX agent, isn't it.

Thanks and look for your clarification.

B.rgds,

Super Bronze

Hi

Yes, that's correct.

The agent PC must be connected to the back of the agent's own phone.

The parameters I've referred to earlier should be enabled to ensure that the RTP traffic can be 'seen' by the agent PC.

Some PCs have problems sniffing the traffic, but these are the basic steps to get it working.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Hi,

I have connect the PC to the phone already.

However, the same error event also logged in the UCCX server after logon by CAD.

So, i would like to know if there were any other setting i could verify why it did not work.

Thanks and look for your reply.

B.rgds,

Tong

Views
Helpful
Replies