cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD 7.5 Upgrade Question

gall00004
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if when upgrading CAD from 7.2 to 7.5(6) the client desktops are simply prompted that a "newer version is now available" and asked to update their desktop vs. having to push completely msi packages to the desktop?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I would use 7.6(1) rather than 7.5.(6).

But yes - you can choose to have update notification on or off.

We turn normally it off, because agent machines are typically "User Rights" only so one can't install anyway. Better to have SMS push the new client or the update (SR).

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I would use 7.6(1) rather than 7.5.(6).

But yes - you can choose to have update notification on or off.

We turn normally it off, because agent machines are typically "User Rights" only so one can't install anyway. Better to have SMS push the new client or the update (SR).

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the response.  Running ICM 7.5(8) with CTIOS 7.5(8), CAD 7.6(1) is the better version to go to?  With 7.6(1) I believe you still need to first apply CAD 7.5(1) correct?

Running ICM 7.5(8) with CTIOS 7.5(8), CAD 7.6(1) is the better version to go to?

Exactly. Fixes the 7.5(8) bug where Skill Number could not be displayed. Supports IE8.

With 7.6(1) I believe you still need to first apply CAD 7.5(1) correct?

Also correct.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: