Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CAD 8.5 Error: Unable to download file. Could not open request

I am having this error when I try to open the CAD after installation.  Initially it said that it is looking for updates but then error message popped up.  When I click ok on this message, I get another message "A licensing error has occurred. Please try again in five minutes.  If the problem persists, please see your log file or contact System Administrator for details."  The server is on 10.x.x.xnetwork.  When I installed the application on the PC part of the same subnet, it works fine.  However, issue occurred when I installed application on a PC part of 172.x.x.x network.  Is there anything on the firewall I need to worry about to allow this connection?

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

TCP 38983, 59xxx

Thank you Hang!  Is there any documentation on this I can read to understand it better?

Cisco Employee

Hi,

1. Please ensure " Cisco Desktop License and Resource Manager Service " on your UCCX node is running. Try restarting it & see if it helps.

2. From Agent PC, you should be able to telnet the UCCX node with port 3000, if you are not able to then you need to ensure that it's opened in Firewall between them if any.

3. Turn off the Windows firewall on agent PCs.

4. Restart of server & CTI manager service does help but not always.

5. As a final resort if nothing helps, license rehosting could be also an option.

Cisco TAC had seen this issue quite often & above are the typical findings.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Thank you Gajanan!  I will try this and provide you my feedback!

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the engine MIVR logfiles for the errors:

-If not enabled then do the same, recreate the issue and collect the files from RTMT, the error should display similar to the below, I had a similar TAC case sometime back

Socket:Socket[addr=...port=3739,localport=...] invokeID:3 failureCode:CF_GENERIC_UNSPECIFIED errorCode:88001 text:Unable to login agent due to problems in JTAPI or CM in CTI Server's message queue

-if you are seeing the same, restart the CTI manager and it should work as expected

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Prashanth

Hi ,

Below is the link for the excat issue and the workaround mentioned here.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Agent_receives_a_licensing_error_message_when_attempting_to_start_Cisco_Agent_Desktop

Hope it helps,

Anand

Re: CAD 8.5 Error: Unable to download file. Could not open reque

Does this happen as soon as you attempt to start the agent?

I ran into this error recently (assuming your license service is running and licensed) - it turned out the calabrio LDAP structure on the UCCX server was corrupted.  If you have a TAC case opened, ask them to verify the Calabrio LDAP integrity on the server for you using an ldap browser.

Also if it is corrupt, the server does hold backups of the ldap structure that you can use to restore the structure. 

This LDAP info is what the server uses to push the CAD configuraiton to the Agent.

Re: CAD 8.5 Error: Unable to download file. Could not open reque

Just to let everyone know that this was due to routing issue for the subnet 172.x.x.x.  It didn't know how to get to the server vlan.  Once the route was added for the server vlan, it started working.

Thanks for everyone's input

Views
Helpful
Replies