Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Agent Desktop - Making 2nd call to Back office staff

Hi All,

Does anyone have a solution to the following question from a customer?

“Whilst an agent is talking to a caller, it would appear that the only option available to make a second call at the same time ie. in the case where a member of call centre staff wishes to talk to the back office team whilst the customer is on hold, the agent can put the caller on hold using CAD, however they would need to press the “New Call” button on the physical telephone to dial the 2nd number as the “Make Call” feature is not available within CAD (whist the call is on hold).

The agent will frequently make a 2nd call whilst on the phone to a customer. Not being able to use CAD to make this second call will cause a lot of confusion! Is there any way around this problem?”

I know that the ‘make call’ button is disabled when the agent is in a ready state, so how do they make a 2nd call if need? I suppose they could place the caller on hold and go not ready but I’m not sure if CAD allows this (I’m away from a test lab to check) and this would affect the agent stats.

Or perhaps they could initiate a supervised transfer discuss what they need to with the back office staff member then cancel the transfer and use the alternate button to switch between caller and back office staff?

Any suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using a supervised transfer and then cancelling out of it is the only option with CAD for now. I suggest that you submit a feature request through your Cisco AM to resolve this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using a supervised transfer and then cancelling out of it is the only option with CAD for now. I suggest that you submit a feature request through your Cisco AM to resolve this.

Thanks Jon,

I can confirm the Calabrio came back with the same answer as us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: