Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD agent login error

fayiz husain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

One of the call agent unable to login to CAD. When the user credentials are given, it's showing:

'ERROR: UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD FILE. COULD NOT OPEN REQUEST'

Any help will be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

In your internet explorer settings and disable the proxy server options and see if problem is resolved. If it is resolved put in a exception. The problem seems to be your proxy server not your user. Try and let me know, that is normally the common issue. 

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply.

Other agents are able to login to CAD in the same computer. So I dont think that it's an issue with internet explorer. 

no..not with explorer, with proxy settings. Do they all use a different login? If so the proxy settings may be different. I had the same exact issue and it only followed one user and it was the proxy settings. 

Hi Fayiz,

There is a setting for Auto detect proxy settings under:

Internet explorer--> Tools--> Internet options--> connections--> LAN
settings--> uncheck "automatically detect settings"

This needs to be unchecked. Please check this and let us know

Cheers!

Regards,

Arundeep

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Derrek,

When ever the CAD application is launched it checks for the availability of newer version. CAD makes uses of True Update which is located at C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\update.exe

In order to avoid this error from happening, perform these steps before the upgrade:

1. Uninstall the CAD/CSD.
  2. Download the installer from APPADMIN plugin page and install CAD/CSD.
  3. Rename the update.exe file to updateold in the folder "C:\Program Files\COMMON FILES\CAD\bin\update.exe"

Regards

Ravi

fayiz husain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

it was a connectivity issue. thanks for your comments. 5 stars for all of you for the help