cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Agent Password

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way that a CAD Agent can change their password in ICM? It seems completely crazy that they cannot change their password in ICM through CAD. This is an administrative nightmare... Is there a web tool for ICM or something?

Chad

5 Replies 5

You would think they would have something like that considering you can change your password when using CSD..

david

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Chad,

No - and I think it's fine.

When the first versions of CAD were created (called Turnkey, which was a terrible name), there was independence of CAD logins and ICM logins and THAT was an administrative nightmare. Eventually they synchronized CAD with ICM, as it is today, and that was a big step forward.

As David points out, the Supervisor password is kept in the CAD database/LDAP, but all other information is synchronized from ICM.

Why do you think agents should be able to change their password? What advantages would that bring to your contact centre?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

The biggest advantage is agents login in with the wrong extension and kicking other agents off. Giving unique passwords to all agents is a mess that's why we usually give them the standard 12345 or something along those lines.

david

Interesting.

We give them a password that matches their agent ID, which is their employee nuumber.

Regards,

Geoff

Well,

I guess I never thought of it this way, I was looking at it from keeping in sync with their AD. Anyways i will just keep it their AD name + 12345 :)

Cheers!

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: