cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD - Blind transfer to number derived from enterprise data

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I would like to set up a button on CAD to perform a blind transfer to another UCCX trigger. I would like to use 1 button that can tranfer to different triggers depending on which application the original call came into. Is it possible to populate the Called Number field in the Call Control Action Setup from enterprise data that is set within the script/applcation? I'm using UCCX 8.5.

application 1:

enterprise data: transferNumber = 55555

application 2:

enterprise data: transferNumber = 77777

CAD button:

Call Control Action Setup:

Call Control = Blind Transfer

Phone Number = transferNumber 

Transfer Delay = 0

Thank you,
Mark                

7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It does not appear to work like that.

1. There is no drop down to select your enterprise data from, a la the Macro action.
  2. You can't even type letters into that field to manually enter something like: [ENTERPRISE FIELD:DIAL_THIS]

The docs will tell you not to do this, but if you really need it to work, you can use the Macro action to focus the CAD window, press control T, then insert the number, then alt D, then alt T.

The macro will look something like this:

[APPLICATION:AGENT_DESKTOP=TALKING - CISCO AGENT DESKTOP]

[CONTROL] T

[APPLICATION:#32770=TRANSFER A CALL]

[ENTERPRISE FIELD:DIAL_THIS]

[ALT] D

[ALT] T

[ALT] T

Where DIAL_THIS is the name of my Enterprse field holding the number to dial.

The double ALT T's are because there is a defect in the CAD UI where they assigned the ALT code for T to two different elements.  You can see it in this screenshot.

You might be able to replace the two ALT T's with a single ENTER keyboard action, but then you're not garunteed the Transfer button has focus.

Test it out about 100 times, and see if it works consistently.  I have never done this before, so who knows how reliable it will work.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony as always. What does the below line do?

[APPLICATION:#32770=TRANSFER A CALL]

Thanks,
Mark

That line, as is the case with the first line, just places focus on the window which has a matching titlebar.

Notice in my above screenshot of the transfer window, in the blue title bar, it says "Transfer a Call."

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

I get an unrecognized command error on the line below when I click OK.

[ENTERPRISE FIELD:DIAL_THIS]

Thanks,
Mark

Sorry it wasn't more clear.  That was an example line I put in there.

In order to make it your own, replace DIAL_THIS with your own Enterprise variable name.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

I did realize it was an example line, but didn't realize it had to match an existing enterprise data field. I was going to add the enterprise field after configuring the macro. I can enter it when I use an existing enterprise data field. I will try to test this out tomorrow.

Thank you,
Mark

You can also record your own macro, as opposed to copy/pasting this one in.  Just press F2 during the recording to select your Enterprise Data field and to then stop the macro when finished.

Please recall that I said the documentation will tell you not to do this.  So, if it doesn't work, or starts working sporadically, you'll have to give up.  Perhaps putting in a feature request with your Cisco Account Team such that the Blind Transfer input box gave you the ability to select an Enterprise data field.

Let me know how it goes Mark.  Good luck!

Anthony Holloway