cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Enterprise Data Association to new work flow

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

On cad 7.5 ver wanted to know how to associate an new Enterprise Data created to a Work Flow which is not the default.I presenlty have to edit the default Ent Data from Desktop Admin Console to have it reflected on the Agent Desktop.The agent desktop looks like the one attached.Is there a way also to change the names of the ICM Call Variable1 displayed on the agent desktop giving some appropriate name but using ICM Call Variables backend.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I don't know of a way - everyone does it as follows:

Create the ECC variable as (for example) userMyCADVariable and MyCADVariable will be available in Enterprise Data. On the ICM side, copy the contents of the PV into the ECC variable.

Why would this not be OK for you?

On the layouts - the normal way is to define an ECC variable for the layout - say userCADLayout and delete Ent Var 252. Then add CADLayout as 252. In ICM, as you go through the script you can set userCADLayout to (say) "Foo" and create a layout Foo in CAD.

This is all documented - now that you know what to look for, you will be able to understand the CAD Guide.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I don't know of a way - everyone does it as follows:

Create the ECC variable as (for example) userMyCADVariable and MyCADVariable will be available in Enterprise Data. On the ICM side, copy the contents of the PV into the ECC variable.

Why would this not be OK for you?

On the layouts - the normal way is to define an ECC variable for the layout - say userCADLayout and delete Ent Var 252. Then add CADLayout as 252. In ICM, as you go through the script you can set userCADLayout to (say) "Foo" and create a layout Foo in CAD.

This is all documented - now that you know what to look for, you will be able to understand the CAD Guide.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff..