Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CAD installation not part of CSD package?

Hello,

We are running UCCX Standard (on a demo license) and I'm trying to install the Cisco Agent Desktop to my PC, but it's not in the Cisco Supervisor Desktop package. When I go to the UCCX Plugins page, it shows I should download the CCX Supervisor Desktop installation for this. However, when I run it I don't have the option to install the CAD, only the CSD.

I already ran the Client Configuration Tool multiple times, this didn't change a thing. I must say the CCT looked a bit weird though; instead of asking a real question, it stated "Question One" (well, it said "Vraag Een" in Dutch). I could only fill in an IP address here, I assume I had to fill in the IP address of the UCCX server.

Am I doing something wrong with regards to the installation or preparation of the CAD setup?

Sincerely,

Ruud van Strijp

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

We are running UCCX Standard

CCX stopped providing CAD under the standard license in the 5.0(1)SR2 release. You must use IP Phone Agent or install an Enhanced/Premium license instead. Standard CCX has all sorts of limitations; read the SRND carefully. I strongly suggest at least an Enhanced license.

5 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

You're probably not doing anything 'wrong' - it sounds like the Configuration MSI doesn't support your locale, I guess you have Dutch language on your desktop? I would try switching to english regional settings and running it again.

Have you verified whether the Agent.exe is actually installed if you allow the CSD install MSI to complete?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for you reply, Aaron.

I was indeed using the Dutch region. I am however using an English Windows. I've now switched every locale I could find to English: Windows Format, location and keyboard language. I've also changed the UCCX default language to US and restarted the server. I even changed my UCCX administrator's CUCM locale settings to US. After all this, the CAD tool still is in Dutch... It must really have remembered somewhere deep inside.

Anyway, in the folder where the Cisco Supervisor Desktop was installed, I cannot find the Agent.exe executable. Nor is there a link to it in the start menu.

Ruud

VIP Super Bronze

We are running UCCX Standard

CCX stopped providing CAD under the standard license in the 5.0(1)SR2 release. You must use IP Phone Agent or install an Enhanced/Premium license instead. Standard CCX has all sorts of limitations; read the SRND carefully. I strongly suggest at least an Enhanced license.

Super Bronze

Good catch :-)

We never sell Standard, so the limitations of it don't spring to mind so quickly for me! It is fairly well crippled since CAD went.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your answer. I installed an Enhanced license and the Agent works straight away.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content