Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CAD internal enhancement defect

Hi,

I had a problem with my UCCX 8.5, that i was told by a TAC is a "enhancement defect" of the UCCX. So what we could call a "feature" of UCCX.

When a call is being presented to an agent in the CAD, and the calling party disconnect the call, then call will continue to be presented in the CAD for about 5 seconds, before the agent goes into ready state again and the "offered" call is removed.

So in about 5 seconds the agent will think they have a call, and they can also try to answer it with "Ctrl+A" but nothing will happen.

The actually call isn't anymore on the agent's deskphone, so no ringing from that one. 

But that the a call is still being "offered" in CAD for 5 seconds

ringing.jpg

is a major defect from my perspective.

So how do you tackle this? Do you tell the agents that this is just the way it is, or do you have any loopholes that one could use to avoid this?

If i'm to roll out an UCCX with this, then I'll have a hard time being pushed by the customer regarding this.

/Kim

• Contact Center
3 REPLIES

Do you have an "On Exception (ContactInactiveException)" step in your script?

Hi Andrew,

I have tried to put an "On Exception (ContactInactiveException)" in the script, and the script catches the exception fine. But I can't find anything that would help me with that call stays presented in the CAD for those 5 seconds. I can end the script when I catches it, but the timelimit in the CAD still persists.

The only thing I really can do, is to make sure that the least amount of calls is being abonded, while being presented to an agent.

So what I'm doing now is puting ind prompts in every script (queue), so that everyone that don't want to talk with an agent, is given time enough to discontinue the call before they reach an agent. Something like "You are now entering the internal Copenhagen Queue."

But still... It's not an pretty solution, to something that in my pespective shouldn't work like this in the first place.

It should be a problem for all running an UCCX 8.5.

/Kim

Kim,

I understand your concern and 5 seconds does seem like a long time however, how often do you think this happens?  I'm going to guess, depending on volume, a few calls out of every few hundred calls.  The reason I say that is because the majority of people who sit in queue have enough time to think about whether they really want to talk to someone or not.  The ringing event happens so far down in the natural call center call flow that by that time callers should be committed to either talking or hanging up way before that ring begins.

Please let me know if this is not the case in the industry you're in.

david

Views
Helpful
Replies