Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD Server and Client Version mismatch

adithyaudupa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When we try to install fresh CAD client the version is different from the server. We are using 8.5.2a server and client shows 8.5.1. Any impact of this mismatch? How do we upgrade the client? Should we re-install the client?

Regards,

Adithya

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Adithya,

If you launch the CAD client software, it will check the server CAD version and will go through Automatic upgrade.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls Rate helpful posts !!

Hello,

Anand is right but also you have to make sure that the server is willing to check the client for a update because you can turn it off or on, so in your case i think it is off.

To turn it on you have to launch the postinstall on the CAD server , go to the services configuration , you will find there a radio button for : would you like CAD automatic updates enabled? you have to choose yes.

In that case the Agent will check for a update when it is launched.

Amer

You can also download the update from Cisco website.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your reply.

I tested it in my lab by enabling the auto update on the server. And client also gets updated next time we launch.

Regards,

Adithya Udupa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: