Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

CAD/Supervisor Install

I'm trying to install CAD onto a PC that previously had an old verison. Everytime I try I get a message "A Previous verson of the software has been detected. You must remove the installed version of this software before continuing".

I have removed all traces within add/remove programs. I vaguely remember seeing this sometime ago and found an entry buried in the registry that required manual deletion. Although I can't seem to find this now.

Do you know how to resolve this? thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CAD/Supervisor Install

Here's the doc for Administrator. The reg keys are similar though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008020880a.shtml

4 REPLIES

The CSD install, installs CAD and CSD. You will need to remove CSD and CAD, then reboot, before installing CAD again. Make sure too that any service release is also uninstalled from Add/Remove programs.

As a reminder, if you want to install CSD/CAD, install just the CSD msi.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Yes have done all that, but the messgae still comes up. I have seen this before, and ended up having to find a registry entry to delete and resolve it.

Here's the doc for Administrator. The reg keys are similar though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008020880a.shtml

Excellent, that did the trick.

In this case it was the base key from the Uninstall registry part on that link you sent.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content