cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CAD Upgrade from 7.5.8 to 7.6.2

Hi all, hope everyone is well !!

I am running UCCE 7.5.8 with CAD 7.5.8 and I am having an issue with CAD running on Windows 7 where the agent/supervisor desktop sporadically hang or stop responding for a while. I understand CAD 7.5.8 is not supported on Windows 7 and that's most likely is the root cause. So I am looking into upgrading CAD to 7.6.2 and have a few questions.

I know on the CAD server end I'll need to perform a backup on the existing CAD server, uninstall CAD 7.5.8, install CAD 7.6 then restore from backup. Do I have to uninstall the CAD 7.5.8 on the client side then install CAD 7.6 ?

Is there any compatibility issue with UCCE 7.5.8 ?

Any gotches that I need to be aware for this upgrade ?

Thanks all in advance !! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!

Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

The section titled Upgrading

The section titled Upgrading to CAD 7.6(1) From a Previous Version gives a detailed step-by-step procedure with your upgrade. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cad_enterprise/cadenterprise7_6/installation/guide/cad76ig.pdf

Yes, CAD 7.6 is compatible with UCCE 7.5.8

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_ALL_7.x_Releases

11 REPLIES
Silver

The section titled Upgrading

The section titled Upgrading to CAD 7.6(1) From a Previous Version gives a detailed step-by-step procedure with your upgrade. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cad_enterprise/cadenterprise7_6/installation/guide/cad76ig.pdf

Yes, CAD 7.6 is compatible with UCCE 7.5.8

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_ALL_7.x_Releases

Community Member

Thanks Omar !!!Questions:Will

Thanks Omar !!!

Questions:

Will CAD client automatically pull the update from CAD server and upgrade to 7.6 ? or Do I need to manually touch every CAD client uninstall 7.5.8 then install 7.6 ?

Thanks !!

Danny

Silver

Danny,CAD 7.5.8 will need to

Danny,

CAD 7.5.8 will need to be uninstalled from your client computers. You can do this manually or if your environment uses SCCM or similar, you can create an uninstall package that would uninstall CAD 7.5.8 without leaving your seat. Since CAD is packaged with MSI files, you can create an install package that can be pushed via SCCM or similar. If you do decide to go down this route, make sure that the CAD services on the client PC are closed. What I would do is logoff people off their computer or even force reboot them to make sure you're starting fresh. 

It all depends on what system management program you have. If you're not using any kind of system management, then I hope you get over time pay :) 

Community Member

Omar,Are you sure about this?

Omar,

Are you sure about this?  I was told by PDI that it will auto upgrade.  I have not done it myself but am doing it this weekend.  I verified with PDI that it would auto upgrade so I'm curious if you've done this and ran into an issue.

Thanks

Travis

Silver

Yes, you can auto upgrade,

Yes, you can auto upgrade, but my personal experience with that has not been the greatest. I suppose you have nothing to lose if the auto upgrade craps out on you. When it comes to CAD, I do everything I possibly can to try to make sure this works on Day 1. CAD headaches are the worst kind

Community Member

Ok thanks.  I know CAD is a

Ok thanks.  I know CAD is a PITA but for my customer auto upgrade is the only real viable option at this point.  Thanks again for the prompt respone!

Community Member

Hi Travis,Are you upgrading

Hi Travis,

Are you upgrading from CAD 7.5.8 to 7.6.2 ? I am curious what was your reason to upgrade ? and what version of UCCE are you running ?

I think Omar is correct that we'll need to uninstall CAD client and reinstall it.

Please keep me posted on how the upgrade goes !!!

Thanks !!

Danny

Community Member

Danny,We're actually going

Danny,

We're actually going from 7.5.10 to 7.6.2 for Windows 7 support.  This is just an interim step while we plan for a larger upgrade to 10 later this year.

I was told by Cisco that it would auto upgrade and the customer didn't want to do this in a lab so we'll see how it goes.  I'll update it with my results early next week.

Thanks,

Travis

Community Member

Thanks Travis !!What version

Thanks Travis !!

What version of Windows are you on for CAD 7.5.10 ?

I am actually running CAD 7.5.8 on Windows 7 and I am having some odd issues where CAD agent / supervisor would hang or not responding sporadically. That's main driver for upgrading CAD to 7.6.2 for the time being. I also looking into upgrading my environment later this year, that includes CUCM, Unity Connection, and UCCE.

May be we should connect or keep in touch. Can I email you directly ?

Thanks !!

Danny

Community Member

The customer is currently

The customer is currently running Windows XP but with support from Microsoft going away they have to migrate to Win7.

Sure you can email me at tcassell@atsnetworking.com

Travis

Community Member

thanks Travis !!Danny

thanks Travis !!

Danny

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content