Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD User Input

Is there any way to have an agent input data using CAD?

I need to associate additional metadata with all calls recorded by Quality Manager.  I can send data to QM using an IPC Action from CAD but I need to have the agent enter some of the data fields.  Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

prashraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

This might be possible with some custom work done in CAD

-Also by defining custom workflows to enable the same now

Thanks,

Prashanth

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to use one of the call variables for this. Double click on the call variable in CAD to edit it, and add your meta data here. Then trigger your IPC action by using one of the task buttons, or when the agent goes in to work state. Use the call variable as your metadata content.

Brian, thanks for the response.  I didn't realize the enterprise data fields could be modified within the agent.  This will definitely work for us.

I got it to partially working.  I have an IPC event when state changes to work.  Using packet capture I see the UDP packet transmitting but the variable value is not being sent.  It does not seem to pick up the change the agent makes to the enterprise field during the call.

The packet payload shows:

command=metadata&sender_id=username&ticketNum=

The user is entering data for the ticketNum field but I only get the key transmitted.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please post a screenshot of your IPC action.

Brian

So that looks correct - it does seem like the change the agent make is not being picked up at the the time the IPC action is fired.

How are you triggering the IPC action? I'm not able to test this right now but I wonder if it would work at the end of the call, when the agent is in a work state.

I updated the default CAD work flow to call this IPC action on event work.

I tested a number of different options.  One thing I just tried was having a toolbar button to call the IPC action.  If I make a change to the field then press the toolbar button the IPC data packet does include the correct information.  When the call ends and event work calls the IPC action it is not included...

Interesting - strange that it the same behaviour isn't seen when you use the agent state. I wonder is that by design or if it's some kind of bug?

I'd post this question on the contact centre applications forum over at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/partner/collaboration/contactcenter/apps

The guys from Calabrio might be able to help you out there.

Brian

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the help.  I'm going to open a TAC case.  If I get a solution I'll post it.

For anyone that is interested here is the response I received from TAC:

Problem Description:

Keep the enterprise variable on CAD after the call is hung up from the agent.

Resolution Summary:

This cannot be done, after calls gets disconnected

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: