Helpful
Replies

Call Fails from CAD and success from IP communicator

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

We have UCCE deployed with CAD.

We're facing a very strange issue : calls to some numbers fails when composing from CAD agents and we hear the message :"your call cannot be completed as dialed, please cinsult...". When calling the same extension from the same machine using CIPC the call succeeds.

Can you please help?

This is really wierd.

14 Replies 14

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Check if any of the Agent Desktop services are in partial\out of service. You can also click on the CAD dekstop left most bottom corner and see the status of each service from CAD's end.

Also try performing Directory Resync from the CDA (Cisco Desktop Administrator) and see if it helps.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Dear Anand,

thanks for your reply,

I have checked the status of each service and they're all active.

I also tried the desktop sync. syncronisation is done successfully, but the issue still persisits

Can you please help ?

Try my suggestion - I bet it works.

Regards,

Geoff

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The most important thing is in the Dial pop-up, check the little box that says "Dial number as entered". If you have it configured to prefix digits etc you could have it configured incorrectly. So first try this - you may need the PBX access code (say 9) and the long distance carrier access code (in the USA, 1).

If this works, then use Desktop Admin in CAD to see what is set up.

Regards,

Geoff

Dear Geoff,

I am connected with the customer; i am checking it right now.

I'll update u soon

Best Regards.

Just remember - when that box is checked, no automatic prefixes are applied by CAD. If you need a "9" to get an outside line, the agent must insert it. If you need "91" to get an outside line and reach the long distance carrier, the agent will have to insert it. Pass on these instructions.

Where is your customer?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

My customer is in Tunisia,

and we're dialing internal numbers to CCM (not external numbers) so we do not need to prefix by 9 or 0.

no prefix should be added.

The wierd : I can call the 3003 route point but when calling the 3200 Route point I got an error.

Best Regards

Dear Geoff,

I've checked, and found that the "Dial the number as enterd" checkbox is checked. Please note that we're calling an internal number (route point). When making a calll i can see that no called number is displayed in CIPC as you can see in the attached screenshot. So it's normal to hear the announciaotr voice. Still don't know whay some numbers can be called and some are not ! we're using a 4 digits internal numbers and it's already configured in the CAD Desktop Admin.

I've checked ann

Hi,

I am little confused on the second screenshot, in the background CAD shows its in Talking state from last 13 seconds, where as the phone doesn't even display any numbers\stats, and an error popping up saying operation failed.

Could you please ask this CAD agent to change his status to Not Ready and dial the route point once again and check the behaviour.

Thanks,

Anand

Dear Anand,

Kindly note that when making the call, the agent was in Not ready status, I believe tha CAD is showing the 13 sec talking since the agent is hearing the CCM prompt : "your call cannot be completed...".

Any ideas please ?

Hi,

Did you try the same scenario with IPPA (IP Phone Agents)? I am trying to see if its related to any config settings in CDA.

Thanks,

Anand

Thanks for following up. The screen shots are helpful.

In summary:

1. IP Phone can call RP 3003

2. CAD can call RP 3003

3. IP phone can call RP 3200

4. CAD cannot call RP 3200

What do these route points do? Are they triggers in IPIVR or route points for CVP?

Have you tried a DNP instead from CAD.

Regards,

Geoff

Dears,

Thanks for your responses.

Yes Geoff, u have summarised the issue correctly.

Yes we're using CVP and not IP IVR. Those are Dialed number (icm scripts) that should select an agent.

From CIPC (IP Phone agent) I coul call thos RP without any issue.

By DNP, did you mean if i tried to call an other number from CAD ? other CIPC extensions ?

Best Regards.

OK, CVP.

What I do is I create a true CUCM route point to run the ICM script so you can activate the internal system from an IP phone, and create a DNP (Dialed Number Plan) entry with the same number to activate the internal system from CAD through a different, but similar, Dialed Number.

Example:

3003 is a Route Point in CUCM and is configured as a Dialed Number on the CUCM routing client associated with a Call Type. The RP is associated with the ICM JTAPI user, and a call to 3003 makes a route request that runs the ICM script scheduled on the Call Type.

308003 is a Dialed Number on the CUCM RC. It does NOT exist in CUCM. 3003 is added using the DNP Bulk Insert tool, attached to the DN 308003 for a POST ROUTE. The DN 308003  is associated with the same Call Type above.

A call from a CTI client (CAD or CTIOS) to 3003 is intercepted by ICM and it triggers the post route in the DNP and runs the script. It does not go anywhere near CUCM and saves the round trip.

Regards,

Geoff