Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Fails if CPA is enabled on Campaign in UCCE 8.0 OUTBOUND DIALER

Hello Folks,

I am testing outbound dialer in UCCE. I have tested all the modes and every thing works fine as long as I have not selected "CPA" in Campaign configuration in Configuration manager.But when I enable CPA call does not go through.

Test Envoirment : [All on virtualization ]

CUCM v8 ,  IPIVR V8 , SPRAWLER running UCCE V 8.0.3 and  3 IP-Communicators running on win XP Machiene along  with CTIOS Agent desktop.

Let be explain in steps.

1- Dialer Mode "Preview_Only"

2- After Importing contacts,agents get an option to accept/reject etc

3- Agent [ext 3000] excepts the call

4-  As soon as it excepts the call customer phone [ exten 5001] rings

5- Customer excepts the call from exten 5001

6- After 1 to 2 seconds the call get disconnected.

Point of observation

After i accept the call from extension 5001, call never appears/comes on extension 3000 which is agents extension. so I believe there is some issues in dialer while transferring the call to the extension.

Now If i uncheck "CPA" in Campaign configuration in Configuration manager ,After i accept the call from extension 5001,

call appears/comes on extension 3000 which is agents extension and is answered by the extension and everything just works fine.

Troubleshooting

1- On JGW logs i saw normal clearance of call

2- On the dialer logs I see nothing concrete which says it error or something.

3- Checked outbound user guide and verified that

a- Silent suppression is disabled on CUCM

b- Outbound Dialer parameters are correctly configured.

4- All the phones and ports are in default device pool,there is no Partition or  CSS is configured.

Please advice ... Any help is much appreciated....

Thanks & Regards,

Ali

3 REPLIES
Green

Call Fails if CPA is enabled on Campaign in UCCE 8.0 OUTBOUND DI

Your customer target phone is an IP communicator within your own network? Not much of a test.

Why don't you call out through the voice gateway to a phone on the PSTN? It would not surprise me that AMD does not work to an IP Communicator - but I admit I've never tried this. Since it does not correspond to what you would be doing in production, it could just be a waste of your time investigating.

If you are serious about doing Preview dialing only in production, the best mode would be Preview Direct so that the Dialer instructs the extension chosen (and accepted) by the reservation call to place the outbound call through the Call Manager and out the gateway selected by CUCM. Answering machine detection makes little sense to me in Direct Preview mode - the agent hears the ringing phone and any action and can hang up and tag the call, or leave a message.

Regards,

Geoff

Call Fails if CPA is enabled on Campaign in UCCE 8.0 OUTBOUND DI

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for your quick reply, I have tested this setup with "Predictive_Only" mode as well and I am facing the same problem.

You are correct that this might not be implemented in production environment but yet I cannot understand why and where the problem is lets say that I am only keen in case of predictive_only mode.

Technically I believe that this should work .. Can you please give mean idea where I can check for troubleshooting because I am not getting much information from the logs.

Regards,

Ali

Green

Re: Call Fails if CPA is enabled on Campaign in UCCE 8.0 OUTBOUN

AMD makes sense in predictive mode. Can you call out to the PSTN and make a test??

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content