Views
Helpful
Replies

Call gets dropped from IVR queue

Amith Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have IPCC 7.1 Enterprise with CCM 4.2(3) and Queue manager(CRS 4.0.4).

We have H.323 gateway communicating to the call manager. When the agents are busy, the call goes into one of the two queue managers and gets queued. Soon after the agent goes to ready state the call gets forwarded from the queue to the agent and after one ring the call gets disconnected.

Apparently when the customer is on hold he is not able to hear MOH. But the customer is able to hear the play prompt which is defined on the IVR VRU script. This means that the transcoder is working fine.

If a customer is calling and if agents are available there are no issues.

I am still suspecting the transcoder to be the problem and since it is a production network we cannot change the transcoder now.

Any other thoughts?

4 Replies 4

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

I think that the problem is in Transcoder, try to replace it.

One update about MOH. Now callers can hear MOH while they are on hold. I just had to make a small change in service parameters to use G.729 as well....

I replaced the transcoder but still the problem persisted. I setup a lab for testing this and when I use a VRU script without the hold step it works fine (meaning calls do not get disconnected) but if I use the hold step there then we have problems.

This has never been a problem with IPCC 6.0. I escalated this problem to Cisco but they suggest not to use the hold step in IVR scripts. Is this true? Have you guys used this in your network and faced problems? I am looking for the root cause....

Amith

Have you resolved this issue? I have a very similar issue with the h.323 gateway to our London office. At first the issue appeared to be with IPCC however any call that gets placed on hold can not be retrieved. We are on CM 5.1. I think we have the same issue.

I think your problem is not the same. Please check your script in ICM and see the step where you are associating IVR if you have IVR step b4 queing or hold it should be fine. ITs kind of very specific.

If it helps please rate.

Thanks,

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: