cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Queuing with Prem Lic question

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

Quick question, I thought that I read somewhere that if we have Premium Licenses it does not matter how many calls are in the queue. basically I will not be held to 1 for 1 on Licenses, like on all of the other flavors of licenses.

Am I correct or was I reading in my sleep again?     

I want to move call queuing to another box, but I dont want to need to provide 300 Licenses todo so.            

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I'm looking at an ENH customer now:

Call control group (has 150 ports as it used to be a smaller server, but could be 300 if I wanted):

If this were PRE then IVR Ports would be 12 (2x6)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you talking UCCX? What do you mean by moving queuing to another box?

Assuming it is UCCX, it's a little odd. With UCCX Premium you get 2 'advanced' ports per agent seat. So 1 seat, 2 ports, or 50 seats = 100 ports.

With enhanced (I think the same for standard) you get the platform maximum 'basic' ports - so you buy 1 agent on a big server, and you get 300 ports.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes UCCX,I will go with Enhanced ports, I have the UC210 box

Thank you

Hi Neal Haas,

In UCCX (Standard\Enhanced\Premium) it is always as below:

License IVR Ports = 2* No of Agent seat counts with some conditions.

Conditions:

The moment you reach the hardware capacity limit for Licensed IVR ports the above Rule will not apply.

Lets say for an example, you have MCS 7845 server, and you buy 100 Agent seat initially, you will get 200 License ports.

This calculation holds good till 150 Agent seats wherin you will get 300 License ports, the moment you increase your seat count beyound 150, the license IVR port will remain constant at 300 as it has reached the hardware capacity.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

anchoudh : What do you make of this then?

From the UCCX 8.0 SRND:

IVR ports are packaged as either Basic or Advanced IVR ports.

Basic IVR Ports Licensing—Basic IVR ports are not licensed and a given configuration may have as many Basic IVR ports as fit given the server on which the system is deployed and the mix of other features deployed on that server. You must use the Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool to determine the maximum number of Basic IVR ports that are supported on a per configuration basis. Basic IVR ports provide a queue point, custom messaging and prompting, caller input collection, and processing via DTMF decoding. Decoded DTMF input may be used for both routing and screen pop purposes. Basic IVR ports (and only Basic IVR ports) are available in both the Standard and Enhanced packages.

Advanced IVR ports licensing— Advanced IVR ports are licensed on a per inbound voice seat basis and are available only with the Premium package. Each inbound voice seat provides two Advanced IVR port licenses. For example, a 100 seat inbound voice deployment provides 200 Advanced IVR port licenses. Advanced IVR port licenses counts are checked at run-time. In the example given here, the 201st simultaneously active request for an Advanced IVR port to handle an incoming call would be denied. Deployments requiring more IVR ports than provided by this 1:2 seat:Advanced IVR port ratio would need to purchase one additional Premium inbound voice seat for each two additional Advanced IVR ports required.

Neal: What do you mean by 'move call queuing to another box'? UCCX isn't designed to do that sort of thing, you will probably lose a lot of functionality by trying to 'split' agents and queues onto different servers/clusters if that's what you mean. If it's just split out a group of agents with their associated queues that's a different matter.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I might be wrong but could you please clarify the below point.

In case if you have UCCX standard\enhance license, no matter how much Agent seat license you buy you will get the maximum allowed licensed IVR ports? Will you be able to queue the callers to the maximum capacity?

Lets say for an example, you buy a 10 seat UCCX Standard\Enhance license on 7845 MCS server, than do you see 300 License IVR ports availabe or just 20 .

As far as my knowledge i thought you will get only 20 License ports, could you please clarify if you have any stardard\enhance UCCX box, please access the CM telephony subsystem,

Cisco Unified CM Telephony Call Control Group and check for the number "Number Of Licensed IVR Ports".

Thanks,

Anand

Hi

I'm looking at an ENH customer now:

Call control group (has 150 ports as it used to be a smaller server, but could be 300 if I wanted):

If this were PRE then IVR Ports would be 12 (2x6)

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Could you please attach the screenshot of the entire page of

Cisco Unified CM Telephony Call Control Group.

CTI ports can be as many as you create.

Thanks,

Anand

Any anyone point to a cisco DOC that supports Enhanced opening the ports, or is this a bug that is waiting to get fixed?