Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call recording and monitoring, no audio

I am attempting to do desktop monitoring with IPCC Express 4.0(5) Premium with Call Manager 4.1(3). We want to desktop monitoring not server monitoring. I setup the VOIP monitor server in the administrator as blank. I gave the agents the record button on their CAD. The phones are 7941s and 61. I enabled spanning to the PC port. When I record a call the file size only shows up as 1kb. When I save the file to my desktop the file size shows up as a larger file, like 192kb. All PCs have Broadcom cards, I have enabled 802.1p on all PCs and added the registry key on each. I installed a sniffer and see the 802.1q traffic when I sniff the port while making a call but I get no audio. I am able to get it working from one station but that is it. I have double checked all of my settings and everything seems fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Call recording and monitoring, no audio

First thing to check is in the Desktop Administrator make sure you have selected a recording server next to the extension and that the desktop monitoring box is check. Second make sure all the workarounds for you network cards are in place. Finally run PostInstall.exe from the CAD bin directory and make sure the right network card is selected for monitoring.

5 REPLIES
Silver

The Cisco Agent Desktop and Cisco Supervisor Desktop are the agent and supervisor interfaces for Cisco IPCC Express Edition and Cisco IPCC Enterprise Edition. Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_data_sheet09186a00801eefe8.html

I know what each of those are and that is not what I was trying to figure out. I am having a problem with call monitoring/recording and that document doesn't help with that.

First thing to check is in the Desktop Administrator make sure you have selected a recording server next to the extension and that the desktop monitoring box is check. Second make sure all the workarounds for you network cards are in place. Finally run PostInstall.exe from the CAD bin directory and make sure the right network card is selected for monitoring.

Well I had ran the postinsall intially but it didn't correct my issue. I later added the registry keys and still nothing. Last night I went to each machine and ran the postinstall.exe. I changed nothing when I ran it but after I clicked okay, verified the IP and closed it, everything worked. I have worked with the recording and monitoring before but did not have to run the postinstall. What I think is really weird is that I did not change anything when I ran it, I just simply checked to make sure everything was correct. Oh well, at least it's working.

Thanks,

Travis

I had the same issue but my problem was that we were using imaged machines and there were two nic's in the registry. We had to do a fresh install of XP to get it to work.

Views
Helpful
Replies