Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call-Redirect Step not understanding *

Hello all,

Has anyone ever tried doing a “Call-Redirect” from an IPCC script to a number that begins with “*”

I want my IPCC to transfer directly to Callmanager where I have a pattern setup for *XXXX to transfer everything to unity. When I use the “Call-Redirect” step it doesn't seem to work yet if I use the same step to transfer to a number not beginning with * it works fine

I'm using IPCC Express version 5. This used to work fine in version 3 and 4.

4 REPLIES

Re: Call-Redirect Step not understanding *

I had the same problem in CRS4.5, my workaround was to create a translation pattern in callmanager mapping a "dummy" valid extension to the *XXXX extension that I wanted to route. Then I set the IPCC "Call-Redirect" to point to the dummy extension. CRS doesn't like the * for some reason so I just made CallManager do the work.

Hi,

Did you ever figure this out? I want to do the same thing have IPCC Express dial * then the 5-digit voicemail box. It works fine if I dial it from my phone, but when I use it in a script it pauses a few seconds, then hangs up. Does IPCC Express view the * as a control character or something?

I'm using 3.5.4. I can use the Translation Pattern "fix" in CallManager, but I'd prefer not to if I can make this work.

Thanks - Rob.

No I didn't I used the workaround with Translation.

* and # both don't work on Redirect steps

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct you can not use it, the simplest way would be to create anoter non-overlapping DN/TP in CallManager instead of *.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content