cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Redirect within Menu Step

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I've got a Call Redirect step under option 1 of a Menu.  When placed outside of the menu, it works fine.  When I move it under keypress 1 of the Menu, the 1 is sent along with the redirect.  This results in CXN getting extra dtmf.  I've worked around this by ignoring that keypress in that specific mailbox's caller input, but it'd be nice to understand this going forward.  I thought this is what the flush input buffer setting would do, but it doesn't seem to have any effect and CXN is getting the additional 1 either way.

thanks,

will

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

that's a bit strange.

Actually, the "Flush input buffer" clears the input buffer before collecting the digits, so it has not effect after the DTMF tone has arrived.

Can you please tell us more about that redirect. Would it be possible to post a screenshot of that Redirect step, too?

Thanks

G.

I moved the redirect outside of the menu which is fine since it's referenced from other points in the script.  7000 is a vm pilot.  5855 is a mailbox.  The CXN vm port status shows the 1 DTMF being passed.  I just changed the menu prompt to 2 just to confirm that I was seeing 2 getting passed to CXN to validate my assumption that it was the menu keypress digit being passed, but not seeing anything strange on the vm port status.  Then I changed the menu to use 1 again, saved, updated, and made another test call and the vm port status didn't show anything strange any longer.

I'm coming out of a hazy late night/early morning troubleshooting experience, and I'll just consider it resolved.  I'm confident that what I saw is what I saw but with the issue cleared up I can't provide a screenshot or copy/paste from the port status monitor output or any logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: