Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Studio Web Service Element - Getting Started

I am trying to get started with an application using the Web Services Element.

All i see in the docs regarding the Call Studio Web Service Element is the following:

"For much more detailed information about how to use the Web Services element, refer to the Call Studio online help."

I have checked the online help (and various other areas/sites) and cant find anything useful.

Are there any pointers/docs/examples of the capabilities and how to use this element.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Everyone's tags (6)
7 REPLIES

Re: Call Studio Web Service Element - Getting Started

Go to Call Studio > Help > Search > "Web Service Elements"

Here you can find some details as well as some useful screenshots for how to configure the webservice element in Call Studio

Regards,

Justine.

please could you post a link for where i need to perform the search, ie, where is "Call Studio > Help > Search >" ?

I'm referring to CVP Call Studio itself.

Use the Help available in CVP Call Studio to know more about any element.

doh! yes i see what u mean now - thanks. Do you know if any WDSL examples are out there?

I think that this cannot be found on the CVP server. Try downloading a sample from the internet to test. Your customer should provide the appropriate WSDL file or URL in order to integrate the CVP application with their backend database.

Your right! they do, thanks! also, do you know what the best way to interact with a Java servlet would be? ie, we need to collect the phone number and builds a URL eg, http://10.51.76.229:5011/cbsivr/servlet/BallanceRequest?source=ivr&transactionid=9999&phone=07791XXXXXX which when accessed (allegedly) returns a string for the remaining phone balance - i take it the web services element is not fit for this purpose?

Call Studio Web Service Element - Getting Started

not sure what u mean with best way...

i can give the main steps:

• drag and drop a new webservice element
  • choose URI and paste the URL that you have and click Load (u need to insert the main part of the URL)
  • Request : configure the element with input data as required (customer provide documentation i.e. which Service/Port/Operation to choose)
  • Response : choose the variables you need to collect and configure them (i.e. send a phone number entered by the customer)
  • In the call flow, you might need to add a "decision element" after the "web service element" in order to decide from which branch the call should continue

hope this helps,

Justine.

(plz rate helpful posts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content