Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Type and Queue To Skill Group Node

Hello,

This is my first ever post, so I hope that I will do this correctly. I have found this site and forum extremely helpfull and it was able to answer every question I had regarding UCCE. However I have a random question that I have been strugling to get a clear answer on. So here goes.

Currently have UCCE 7.5.10

Say in a routing script I have multiple queue to skill group nodes one after another. Basically doing a skill group "overflow"  from one node to another, see example picture below. I have a queue call type in front of the first Q2S node, but do I need another call type in between each of the Q2S nodes? if not why not?  or how would I get a good reporting picture for my 2nd and 3rd Q2S nodes and their respoective SL, calls handled, etc.

Capture.JPG

I hope this question make sense.

Thank in advance to anyone that can clarify this for me.                  

4 REPLIES

Hi,

You "could" change the CallType before each new QueueToSkillgroupand get seperate statistics, but that would not be the right way and i would not recommend it.

You have to see the Reporting as multiple levels... On top you have the Called Number, one level down are the CallTypes, then come the Skillgroups and finally the Agents.

The entire sense of a CallType is normally to monitor what happens in a ServiceLine from a top level view, you can of course change CallTypes but I normally only do it for one of the following purposes:

- Change before the first Queue to get accurate Queue times and statistics

- Change before you make an overflow to another script/line so the call gets counted at the new line correctly

- Change if you want to count some calls differently, like a VIP Call in a Serviceline

So to get back to your question, the right way would be to go down one level of the reporting tree and report on SkillGroups instead of Calltypes, so you see the in which SkillGroups where how many calls and what happened to them. Of course this implies that you dont use the same SkillGroups in many different ServiceLines and CallTypes.

Just on a side note, be aware that if you do a script like this, calls are still queued for SG1 and SG2 if they arrive at SG3 unless you cancel the queuing.

I hope i understood your question correctly

Fabian

This is the way I would do it and like Fabian said look at your single call type for overall queue SL information and then look at SG reports to figure out where the call went, how many, etc.

david    

Fabian/David

Thank you for your quick reply. It is much appreaciated and the answer is what I was looking for. The reason  Iask is of the following scenario as our business units are doing some crazy overflow's between many locations and I want to make sure I clean up all the confusion and make it right in order to properly report on calls answered, SL's abandons etc.

The scenario is following;

Script for location A:

The call comes into location A, and is then queue to location A skill group and if they don't answer, it "overflows" to location B and C skill groups, and if they dont answer the 3rd node looks for anyone available within the 3 skill groups.

Script for Location B:

The call comes into location B, and is then queue to location B skill group and if they don't answer, it "overflows" to location A and C skill groups, and if they dont answer the 3rd node looks for anyone available within the 3 skill groups.

This brings an issue on how to correctly count the calls in either of the call flows, as the overflow is each others location skill grups. Does this mean for the "overflow" I would need to create all new separate skill groups? and it will help me easier break down the calls per skill group between the two locations.

While I don't want to put the call type in between each q2s node, I am trying to get a clear reporting picture how to correctly count calls. I personally don't see how I can do this without creating new skill groups to be the "overflow" to each other location.

Davorin

Hope this make sense.

I wouldn't create new skill groups unless you want a very easy way to tell how many overflow calls each group took.  However, you should be able do some math to figure out a number.  For example, offered - answered - abandon = overflowed.  One thing I would add is a RONA call type for each "group" to see if there's any corrolation between RONA's and overflow "group".

david

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content