Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Call Type node not setting Call Type Dynamically By name.

I'm attempting to use the Call Type node to set a Call Type dynamically by name using the following logic:

concatenate("somestring_",userParseFromVXML("CT"),"_Q")

The userParseFromVXML is a custom function that works correctly and pulls my data out of FromExtVXML correctly.  If I use a peripheral variable and use the same logic then set the Call Type node to set the call type dynamically by name using the peripheral variable it sets the call type correctly without any problems.  I'm using UCCE 9.0.3 and I'm wondering if anyone else has run across this issue.

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES

Re: Call Type node not setting Call Type Dynamically By name.

Just to clarify and summarize:

Truth be told I just wanted to use the table feature =)

ScenarioExamplePASS/FAIL
String literal

concatenate("somestring_", "test", "_Q")

PASS
Peripheral Variable

concatenate("somestring_", Call.PeripheralVariable1, "_Q")

PASS
Custom Function

concatenate("somestring_", userParseFromVXML("CT"), "_Q")

FAIL

Did I capture your experience accurately?

If so, then the focus is obviously on the use of custom functions, and probably more specifically, your custom function.

What object type does your custom function return?  Could you post the custom function source code?

What about creating a new test custom function which only has one line in it: to return a String literal, and see how that works?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Community Member

I wish I'd known about the table function before myself.

This is what my experience is now after having tested these scenarios.

ScenarioExamplePASS/FAIL
String literal

concatenate("somestring_", "test", "_Q")

PASS
Peripheral Variable

concatenate("somestring_", Call.PeripheralVariable1, "_Q")

PASS
Custom Function

concatenate("somestring_", userParseFromVXML("CT"), "_Q")

Passing now (not sure what i must have been missing)

The custom function I'm using returns a string and when I created a new custom function returning a String literal it worked just fine.  After doing my testing and swapping back to my original custom function I started seeing the call tagged with the correct Call Type, so I can only assume that I was missing something in the original concatenate string.  The custom function I am using is as follows:

if((find(%1%,Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[0]))>0,before(";",after(concatenate(%1%,"="),Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[0])),if((find(%1%,Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[1]))>0,before(";",after(concatenate(%1%,"="),Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[1])),if((find(%1%,Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[2]))>0,before(";",after(concatenate(%1%,"="),Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[2])),if((find(%1%,Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[3]))>0,before(";",after(concatenate(%1%,"="),Call.user.microapp.FromExtVXML[3])),"Not Found"))))

Well, I'm glad to hear that my suggestion to try a simpler custom function lead you to your own resolution.  It would be good to know what happened, but I understand if you cannot reproduce the failure any longer.  Have a good one.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Community Member

As much as I hate to admit it, it was my own fault, I just reviewed another script and had an errant ) closing the concatenate function too early (that's what happens when you look at one string for a bit too long).

I know how that goes.  Thanks for posting back.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content