cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callback application with IPIVR and Outbound Option

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a call flow that will prompt callers in queue for an option to leave their number and then use the capabilities of the UCCE Outbound Option to call them back at that number during a less busy time for the agents.  How I see this working is like this:

1. IPIVR prompts the caller to confirm the number to be called back at
  2. IPIVR then either writes that number to a file the dialer can import or writes that number to the dialer import table directly
  3. Outbound Option calls that customer back based on the thresholds specified in the ICM admin script during slower periods

The problem I am having is that the IPIVR can't write the txt file to a network share or to a UCCE server drive.  And from what I read the only import options for the Dialer are with a txt file.  My other thought is to write the number directly to the Dialer import table using the IPIVR DB steps, though I'm not sure this is a supported method, but can't think of any other ways to accomplish this.  It seems like it should be something that is possible though.  Has anyone created anything else like this or have any advice on my ideas?  Thanks

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I have made this work with CVP but the principle is the same. It was tricky and I can remember exactly how I did it. Either the CVP box mapped the drive where the import tool was reading or the import tool was configured to read from a share. You can definitely configure the import tool to read from a UNC specification on an other box. Getting the permissions right is the tricky bit.

The other way to do it - and my preference - is to abstract this through a database. One of the problems with the import is (a) it imports every time the file is there and then renams the file and (b) if may not be thread safe if two calls are writing the file at the same time.

It is better to have the IVR do an insert into a database. The database can live on the Logger so the Import process can see the file - then you hav eno worries. Then write a daemon that wakes up every couple of minutes, queries the DB and writes the file for the Dialer. It will contain multiple records. It marks records it has written out with a flag so they are not fetched again.

The daemon may be a Scheduled Job in Windows using OSQL to query and some batch processing to construct the file for the import tool. Could be tricky. It may be a SQL Scheduled Job but I don't know what file system write commands you have in SQL. I would write it as a Java process because that's what I've done before.

However you do it, I think this is the right way. You would end up with auxiliary info in the DB table which would grow, and would need to be managed of course.

Regards,

Geoff

jimbrittcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, I've done it. Did not 'write' to DB's as it were but Q'd calls. In your case selecting that method would entail a priority to be delivered to outbound agent.

What Geoff says is more robust and would be better understood by IT folks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: