Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

That appears to work

That appears to work perfectly.  So should I be looking at the callback script?

I attached it just in case...

Fortunately, this script is

Fortunately, this script is very simple, so it's very easy to debug. The Connect step isn't doing anything for you until you change the Select Resouce step to Connect = False. Or, just delete the Connect step and use a Goto End in its place. 

Other than that, this looks ok. 

How about the CCG and Media groups your using on this callback script's trigger?

could you try a different combination?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Highlighted
Community Member

Sorry for the delay.  Crazy

Sorry for the delay.  Crazy Monday.

I don't understand your comment regarding the SelectResource, Connect step.

The CCG and media group for the trigger is set to a different CCG and MG than the default used in the trigger for the main script.  I did change the CCG and MG to the default and tested with no luck.

This seems to verify what I have observed in reactive debugs that the call is placed to the callback script and the main script disconnects from the original called.  When an agent comes ready the agents phone rings but when the call is picked up there is dead air for 5 seconds, the call is disconnected and another is received as long as the agent is ready.

I did find the source of the 5 second timer before the disconnect.  I was having some trouble understanding where the 5 second timer was coming from.  It is actually the timeout set on the trigger in the application.  I have not done anything to change the 5000ms or verify the this is indeed where the 5 seconds come from.

My comment on the Select

My comment on the Select Resource step was about the fact that the Connect step, inside of the Select Resource step's Connected connection (aka branch), is not doing anything and is actually causing an Exception, you just can't see it.

So, instead of this:

ToCallCenter:
Select Resource (CSQ)
Connected
Connect (Agent)
Connected
Goto End
Unsuccessful
Goto ToCallCenter
Queued
QueueLoop:
Delay 15 sec
Goto QueueLoop

You'll want this:

ToCallCenter:
Select Resource (CSQ)
Connected
Goto End
Queued
QueueLoop:
Delay 15 sec
Goto QueueLoop

Also, you don't need to loop the QueueLoop either, you can simply delay for 12 hours like this:

Select Resource (CSQ)
Connected
Goto End
Queued
Delay 43200 sec

That's important when you consider there's a 1,000 step maximum on your script.  So, looping the queue costs you 3 steps, and 1,000 divided by 3 is ~333 loops @ 15 sec = 5,000 seconds (or ~83 minutes).  Not that I think your calls queue for longer than that, but at least now you don't have to loop at all, and you could cross over the ~83 minute mark easily if needed.

It almost sounds like the Agent phones are in a different Device Pool (and therefore region and location) than your IP Phone, since the out going call from the script can reach you just fine.  True?

If so, try having an Agent go Not Ready so they don't take a real call for this test, and then make the same Place Call Active Debug I had you do to yourself, but this time do it to the Agent phone.

Anthony Holloway

Community Member

Changed the script as

Changed the script as suggested but still doesn't work.  To be clear, my phone is setup as the agent attempting to connect to connect to.  And as you mentioned I was successful in connecting straight from the main script via the place call step.

Sorry for the confusion, I

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't trying to solve your problem with the suggestion of simplifying your script, I was actually just trying to help make your script leaner and easier for you.

Now, about what's happening to you.  Try delaying answering the call on the Agent desktop for about 3-5 seconds this time.

There is another user on the forums who looks to be using the exact same sample script as you, and cannot get the solution to work if they answer too quickly, but can if he waits for about 3 rings before answering.

See here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13197181/call-back-script-problem-uccx-v115

Anthony Holloway

Community Member

I really appreciate your

I really appreciate your insights and have learned some really cool tips in this thread.

The issue in the link above is exactly my issue.  I does work if I wait for the third ring but if you wait any longer it hangs up and calls back.  So now we have another clue but obviously waiting for the third ring isn't a solution.

It looks like you are working the other issue as well but no solution yet.  Is this something a delay step in the main script could help with?

Again, thanks so much for hanging in with this one.  It is just plain weird.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content