Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Caller ID Issue with Agent transfers UCCE/CVP

Got a new UCCE/CVP 9X Solution. Running into an issue when an agent transfers a call to another queue - 2nd agent sees caller ID of the 1st agent instead of the caller.

Due to budget issues and time constraints, the customer's call flows are split between Unity and UCCE. Basically, majority of inbound calls come into call handlers initially for greeting and menu options then to ICM. No calls go directly to CVP. These will eventually be moved over to ICM/CVP directly (eliminating call handlers for the most part) on a later phase. For now, unfortunately, it is what it is.

Call Flow Scenario:
1. Caller> CUCM> Unity Call Handler> CTI RtPt #1> ICM Script> Gtg from CVP> Queue> Agent Answers
2. Agent then transfers calls to CUCM> CTI RtPt #2> ICM Script> Gtg from CVP> Queue> Agent Answers

Network Transfer Preferred unchecked
Not using any network transfer enabled nodes

Fairly new to this so pls let me know if this is a system limitation by design or if I'm missing something. Many thanks.

5 REPLIES

This seems to be a limitation or "by design" for CVP based on what I've been hearing. Anyone have work arounds for this? Calls flow properly - it's just that the callerID doesn't carry over when agent1 transfers call to another queue. This only happens when CVP is hit on that second script for playing messages or music. If the call is answered by the second agent without the call hitting any messages or music (CVP), callerID carries over properly.

You're probably missing a few configuration bits. Take a look at this thread:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/message/1057062?_19_threadView=tree#_19_message_1057065

ICM's "Dialed Number Plan" is a very important piece of this. It's rather hidden in the Configuration Manager if you're only used to using the Explorer and List tools... look for "Dialed Number Plan Bulk Edit" and "Dialed Number Plan Bulk Insert" in the Bulk Configuration folder.

-Jameson

-Jameson

THanks Jameson for the reply. I did see that thread previously but was not sure if it applies to my customer's setup since all calls originate from CUCM and not CVP. As mentioned, transfers are working just fine with the exception of the callerID not displaying as one would expect. I have most of the configs matched up to those instructions except for DNP since the agents don't transfer using CAD but with their IP Phones instead. I did also try putting the NetworkTransferEnabled node in the first script at one point for testing but it didn't help with the callerID issue.

Also, based on your response, carrying over the callerID to the 2nd agent is really do-able then? Or is this really a limitation by design?

Carrying over the callerID is definitely do-able. There are some limitations I've seen in my experience, though:

• If agents are performing the transfer with their physical phone, callerID will carry through as long as the ICM scripting has no references to CVP - no Send To VRU, and no messaging. CUCM will actually be the system to bring the callerID thorugh - just like if you transferred directly to someone's extension.
  • If the ICM script hits CVP at all, then the transfer needs to be done through CTI OS in order to transfer the caller info through.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson,

That's what I am running into as the ICM scripts do hit CVP for an initial forced greeting to be played. Having the scripts more or less templatized, I did notice though that some of my scripts that have a "blank" wav file for the initial greeting seem to work fine with the callerID even though they hit CVP for that file initially. But of course it doesn't work once the call queues and hit CVP for music/messaging.

This customer utilizes CAD exclusively. That said, any ideas how I can push the callerID through? Tried tinkering with SIP Headers but not able to get it to pass through.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content