Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Menu Planning

I am looking for any suggestions on the best way to give callers the immediate option of dialing by extension during a menu. I would like to keep the menu structure in place for those callers wishing to hear the regular menu options.

The problem i've run into with any of the solutions i've come up with is that the ext's start in different ranges such as 5xxx, 18xx etc. Thank you in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Caller Menu Planning

You can use a Get Digit String step to let the user enter more than one digit. You would need to set retries equal to zero and use If or Match steps to evaluate the input from the user.

For the extensions, you could use a .length() attribute to match four-digit input (aka extensions). For example your If evaluation could be callerInput.length(4)

I've outlined a similar example in a previous post: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2f308

In your case, you would need to add additional If or Match steps for the other options.

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

You can use a Get Digit String step to let the user enter more than one digit. You would need to set retries equal to zero and use If or Match steps to evaluate the input from the user.

For the extensions, you could use a .length() attribute to match four-digit input (aka extensions). For example your If evaluation could be callerInput.length(4)

I've outlined a similar example in a previous post: http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc2f308

In your case, you would need to add additional If or Match steps for the other options.

Thanks, this formula looks to work for what I'm doing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content