Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can CAD users be logged out automatically

Hello,

I've seen several posts where there is mention of the ICM Agent Desk Setting where you can set the 'Logout non-activity time' to a max value of 2 hours which will automatically log out agents if they are inactive for that amount of time.

But, we have some agents that are logged in as a backup for the main agents and may stay logged in and in the Not Ready state for their entire 8 hour shift and never have to go Ready because they didn't need to for that day (the main agents were able to handle all the calls).

We also have had on several occasions agents that show as logged in for 48 hours during the weekend becuse at the end of their shift on Friday night, they did not log out of their Cisco Agent Desktop (CAD) correctly (closed out of CAD without logging out) which on the ICM side of things, they still showed up as logged in and in the Not Ready state.

We're wondering if there is an application or setting somewhere in ICM that can be set to force the logout of all logged in CAD users at a given time, say at midnight each night. That way for those agents that are incorrectly closing out of CAD, their login times will get cut off at midnight and not run until the next time they log in (which could be days in some cases).

Also, if we end up using the 'Logout non-activity time' entry, why is this max'ed out at 2 hours. Do more recent versions of ICM allow a higher max value?

For my 1'st example above, we would set this value to 8 hours so that if the agent is still logged in for up to 8 hours with no activity, ICM could automaticlly log them out.

We're currently running CallManager 4.1(3) with ICM 7.2(7) and our agents run CAD 7.2.1 SR2

If anyone has any feedback on this, please let me know. I would truely appreciate it.

Thanks,

Joe

10 REPLIES

Re: Can CAD users be logged out automatically

I have a similar thing happening with UCCX 7.0 and the same version of CAD except my agents are being logged off after 10 hours. I can't find where this setting is configured either. 5 stars for whoever who posts info on this!! Thanks!

It should be configured in the Cisco Desktop Administrator.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_configuration_example09186a0080b4525e.shtml#task1

Hope that helps.

Joe, I don't mean to hijack this thread but figured there was no reason to have two separate threads about the same topic so please let me know if it's a problem and I'll start my own.

Allan, thanks for posting that but I don't have any agent administration workflows set up so this is not where the auto logoff is coming from for my system. Any other ideas?

Brett

Ok, I figured out my issue. All of our agents login to the phone via Extension Mobility in CUCM, then login to CAD. It wasn't CAD that was auto logging out....it was the phone. In Service Parameter configuration under Extension Mobility there is a "Enforce Maximum Login Time" parameter that was set to True with a 10 hour maximum login time.

Joe, hope this helps you too.

Brett

Allan,

Thanks for that link for the Cisco Desktop Administrator information. I was un-aware that this could be configured as an agnet work flow. I will review that document and test that out and give you an update on how that goes.

Brett, no worries about using this post for your question. It makes sense to keep related questions within the same post rather than having to open a new one. I'm glad to hear that you found out where that logout setting was set for your agents.

If and when we start using the Extension Mobility feature, at least now I know to check that setting.

Thanks,

Joe

Follow-up post of the week.  Most people would have left this dangling like a USB dongle.  Speaking of USB and dongles, I tried out the new thinner USB console cable today, and I really like it!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony! I have learned a ton from the Netpro forum and like to give back when I have the opportunity.

Allan,

I finally got a chance to try this out, and it works great when I have CAD running, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to work when I don't.

I added a workflow task to logout CAD users in the 'Not Ready' state after 3:30 pm today. I opened my CAD, kept it in that 'Not Ready' state, and it automatically got logged out at 3:30 pm. BUT, if I open CAD, then shut down my machine, the ICM Agent Real Time Data still shows that my extension is logged in and in the 'Not Ready' state (Reason code value of 50002, AgentState value of 2).

It doesn't appear to be able to log out my CAD in this scenario, but this is the scenario that we're hoping to resolve. We have some agents that shut down their machines without closing out their apps and this is what happens to their CAD in the system. Their login times are off since the system sees them as still logged in throughout the night.

Do you know how to logout these types of CAD users using the Cisco Desktop Application, or is there another way of accomplishing this?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

You might run a script before logoff or shutdown.

- To do this you need to create a .bat file with content "taskkill /IM agent.exe" to terminate the process when they logoff or shutdown.

- Add this script to the logoff script.

- To add, run the gpedit.msc

- Go to User Configuration >> Windows Setting >> Script (Logon/Logoff).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Allan

Allan,

that's great information, thank-you for that.

With having the management workflow automatically log out agents that have CAD running and forget to log out but remain logged onto the network, and this logout or shutdown script that terminates the agent.exe process, we should be able to catch all of the possible scenarios where agents will remain logged in throughout the night.

Again, I thank everyone for their help with this question.

Regards,

Joe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content